Translate

Dragon Ball: Qi Long Zhu Da Mao Xian Bootleg Walkthrough/Review Part 2: The Journey Ends

Welcome back to part 2 of this bootleg game walkthrough! It's not the best I can give out and plus, I'm trying to remember some stuff that happened in OG Dragon Ball since I watched the series for the first time last year. If you haven't yet, part 1 will be here: https://wimbearn.blogspot.com/2022/01/dragon-ball-qi-long-zhu-da-mao-xian.html

The game is almost over! Enjoy the walkthrough.

Full Game Walkthrough (Piccolo Jr. and Post-Game)

Piccolo Jr. Arc

After the defeat of Piccolo Daimao, Goku has grown into an adult and is ready for the 23rd Martial Arts tournament. Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Roshi, Chi Chi, and evreyone else is there too. But who is the mysterious green guy? 

It can't be! P-

*shh*. His name is Junior.

The tournament has started and the fighters are ready. If you think you're not ready, I recommend going out to grind through REs for Zeni so that you can buy more health items. If you are, here are the fighters you'll be facing. They should be easy and straightforward to beat.

Mercenary Tao (3rd fight) 


Krillin (4th fight)

Yamcha (4th fight)

Tien (3rd fight)

Chi Chi
(Not gonna lie, I love that sprite.)

Before and after you battle her, there will be some dialogue. Then if you can, feel free to use that Zeni to buy health items or go out and grind. Just a warning: after battling Chi Chi, the random encounters now change back to the ones seen in the King Piccolo arc, so they will deal lots of random damage. I recommend you fight this enemy (who is just Giran for an odd reason), as he's easier to beat, but can still deal lots of damage:


Once you go back to the tournament room, a cutscene will play with Junior and a man named Hero, who is actually Kami. Junior is revealed to be Piccolo!

Junior /Piccolo

(Okay, but they decided to reuse the King Piccolo sprite I hate...)

For the Hero/Kami fight, you don't need to win this one. Just lose. Afterwards, a cutscene will play and it's Goku's turn to fight Piccolo Jr.! If I remembered, Kami tries using the evil containment wave on Piccolo, but it fails and Piccolo uses it on Kami and successfully traps him. He even swallows the bottle that he is trapped in!

Make sure you're fully stocked up on health items.

When defeated, Piccolo turns into a giant! Can Goku defeat him and win the tournament? (spoiler alert: of course he does)

Final Boss: Giant Piccolo


This is it! The final battle against Giant Piccolo. If on an emulator, make sure you save state before you attack, because Piccolo's damage against you is random. When your stamina/ki meter fills up (2 balls showing next to the bar below), pick the top second option then choose the fourth option. This deals about 300 or less damage to Piccolo, but I know it's enough to take him out. Keep healing if you need to. Keep attacking and charging your stamina to win and take out Piccolo once and for all.

You win the tournament and everyone congratulates you. Piccolo flies away, waiting to challenge Goku again. The game then closes with an ending message (again, can't speak Chinese but Google Translate can help). After that, you are back to the start of the game (where you and Bulma met) and you may think, there's more?

Yep there is.

Post-Game

Yes, you heard me right, there's more after beating this game. It's not much and is completely optional. You're back at the very first area of the game (how to get through it will be in Part 1 if you forgot). After going through the hoards of random encounters (which take lots of hits now) and exiting the area, go on the map and go all the way to the right.

Earlier, there was an area locked on the overworld. It's now unlocked and it's Penguin Village, from Dr. Slump! (it's layout looks similar to the place where you encounter Oolong) There is a blue, female figure in the middle of the place. When you talk to her, you meet Arale again and battle her (make sure you save!). There's also a shop guy in the area for stuff to refill your health.

Arale

Arale hits like a truck, and if you don't have enough healing stuff to get through, then it's game over. She can take lots of hits to defeat. I gave up on this battle, even trying save stating in my emulator to make sure she doesn't land a lot of damage on me (damage/hit points are random) or to make sure her attack missed wasn't helping.

But if you do manage to defeat her, they just have a conversation. I don't speak Chinese, but someone can use Google Translate.


And that's the whole game. You've successfully beat the game! 

Overall, although I don't understand Chinese, I knew what was going on since it's faithful to OG Dragon Ball and had fun with the battle system while planning my strategies and using save states to win. My only complaints are how the damage is random during battle, meaning you have to waste your health stuff, annoying random encounters (some which shouldn't be REs at all like Bandages the Mummy) that you must grind for lots of Zeni to buy stuff, repetitive music (some are okay to me), and difficulty randomly spiking up (especially with the King Piccolo arc). There's no English translation or cheats, so fan translators, translate this game and cheaters, get those cheat codes out!

That's all and if you enjoyed parts 1 & 2, consider check out my blog or social media, as I do art stuff. You can also support me on Ko-fi (link in header of blog). Any commission or donation is appreciated as I love to draw! And if I make a mistake, let me know and I will correct it. This is my first time writing a walkthrough for a video game.

Thanks for reading! 💖

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.