Translate

My top 9 drawings from 2022!

 Just like with 2021, I will be picking my top nine drawings that I enjoyed making! I don’t agree with my Instagram top nine - it’s mostly reels that people liked. I have made and improved than last year and there’s so many great drawings I did! 

I realized my one from 2021 had 10 drawings, not nine. Whoops. But it’s fine.

Best of 2021: https://wimbearn.blogspot.com/2022/01/my-top-9-drawings-from-2021.html

9. Sonic SATAM


This was an experiment on not using a black outline and I have to say, this one turned out pretty good! I also made some Pokémon drawings with the same experiment. I hope to make more like this.

8. X-Files in my Art Style

I don’t watch the X-Files, but there’s a channel I watch called Comet that plays it. I thought of drawing Mulder and Scully in my art style. I was also gonna do Buffy in my art style since Comet also plays that show and promotes it too much (same with X-Files) but I never got to that. I also hid an alien in this drawing - I hope you can find it! 👽

7. Pokémon Journeys Serena


When Serena returned to the anime, I knew that Ash X Serena/Serena fans were blowing up with excitement all over Twitter although I have been avoiding social media. I’m not into shipping stuff much (well, except for Launch X Tien and Launch X Raditz from Dragon Ball) and don’t talk about it online o draw shipping stuff.

I adore her outfit. I wish she had fully met Ash and Goh, but sadly she met Ash at the end of the episode which quite disappointed me. But the episode was good, she got to talk to Chloe. 

6. Super 17



I don’t have much commentary on this drawing, but I found a image of Super 17 with this pose and had to redraw it badly.

I think I used airbrushing for the shading.

5. A Nice Relaxing Day


Again, not much commentary, but this is one of my favorite Launch drawings so far! I also made a black and white version.

4. Goku vs. Vegeta



This one was for my dad! He gave me a request and if I competed it, I got paid. And so I did. In one day! I’m not a fan of how I drew Vegeta, but hey, I still love this drawing.

3. FUTURE


This one was a what if Future Trunks started a rock band or something. I tried to make it look vintage looking and included a fake signature from Trunks (as seen on the right).

2. All of my Sonic Movie Drawings!






I think I was experimenting with the round brush in Procreate. I also did some airbrushing. 

I might do Super Sonic next - I was gonna work on him this month but I had lost motivation to draw so I never got to that yet.

Honorable mentions:


An original drawing by me: Space Dragon!


GT Pan! This was for a voice actress!


Majin Buu! This one was for a friend!


Lum Invader! This is from the 2022 remake/reboot.


Gohan Beast! 


This drawing was a tribute to the Dai no Daibouken 2020 anime! I will 100% miss watching this every Friday.


GulusGammamon redraw from Digimon Ghost Game.


This one was an idea in my head! What if the Pilaf gang went to Starbucks?


Koraidon and Miradon from the recent Pokémon games, Scarlet and Violet.



Ranma 1/2. I also made a black and white version.


Relaxing in the Flowers. Another Launch drawing that I loved making! This one was a redraw of some DBS card game thing I found and that card is based on a filler DBZ episode where there was a scene with Launch playing in the flowers (which I adore!!!). I had found only one image of it, but I would love to get that Launch card if I find it.

1. Ash Ketchum Tribute


Of course, this is #1 on my list.

My biggest and longest drawing to date! Everyone seems to love it on my DeviantArt. I will miss Ash and so will everyone else. It took two days for me to complete this - it took forever to figure out where to put Ash’s Pokémon at. 

Congrats, you are getting the best drawing award of 2022!

And that’s it! This one was a hard list!

2023 is almost here. And I’m excited to make new drawings. Thank you for reading!

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.