Translate

My top 9 drawings from 2021!

So last year, I didn't agree with my Instagram top nine, as well as my top posts on my Tumblr. So I'm gonna be making my own top nine drawings from last year.


10. Happy 25th Anniversary, Pokémon!

I drew this when Pokémon celebrated their 25th anniversary. It's one of those big drawings that was completed in 1 or 2 days. Probably the most thing that sticks out is the Pikachu and Eevee in the center, looking at each other. And as an extra, I decided to add Meowth and Mew.

9. Goku, Krillin, and Launch


This was a redraw of an official Dragon Ball drawing. I wanted to try to draw a vehicle, since I hate drawing cars and I'm bad at drawing them and it turned out really good! I wanted to add a background to finish off the drawing and the final drawing turned out amazing.

8. Dio Brando


This was an attempt at drawing a JJBA character and I have to say, I did good. I never watched the Jojo series when I drew Dio. I watched Jojo up to Stone Ocean (still waiting patiently for the other episodes) back in November.

7. Thank you for the amazing adventure, DuckTales!


Okay, so while typing this... I realized I misspelled "adventure" (mispelled as "adeventure"), so I corrected it on DeviantArt. Glad no one pointed out the typo 😂

I'm sad that the DuckTales reboot ended. It was a good reboot (I haven't watched much of the original series except one episode and the lamp movie) with lots of characters from diffrent shows making their special appearance like the Rescue Rangers. Not gonna lie, I love how I drew the background.

6. Tien and Launch in the Friday Night Funkin' style and Launch in the FNF style


Okay, but I would be down to play a Friday Night Funkin' mod that has my favorite Dragon Ball character, Launch. I was planning on making my own animation of Launch in the Friday Night Funkin' style but I scrapped that idea.

5. Balan


So disappointing that the game flopped, but Balan... I love his design. I was experimenting with diffrent brushes and added a glitter brush for the hat area. He turned out... dazzling! ✨

4. Android 18 with the Roshi Shades


A screenshot I found on Google with A18 wearing Roshi's shades during the Tournament of Power was so funny to me, so I wanted to redraw it.

3. Super Saiyan 3 Goku


Wow... let me just tell you.. wow! This drawing took me hours to make, freehanded. I thought the lightning effects was amazing and the rain. I still don't understand why it isn't on my Instagram top 9, but oh well.

2. Fluffy Ikkakumon

This one blew up on my Tumblr. A redraw from an episode of the Digimon Adventure 2020 reboot, I thought it was so cute to redraw. It's even my iPad wallpaper currently.

Honorable Mentions:
Pop from Best Fiends! My art even got featured by the official Best Fiends Twitter and Instagram. Not sure about Facebook, but it made me happy. I gotta play more Best Fiends, though.

Pan from Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (god, I hate that title). She blew up on my Twitter, Instagram, and DeviantArt after her reveal.

Gengar. This was an art trade for someone.

Evangelion Unit-01. My first time drawing a mech and the final turned out really good.

Terriermon. He was drawn in Photoshop Elements 15 using a Wacom tablet.

Dragon Quest IV! Another big drawing that took me days to finish. Originally, I was only gonna draw Sophia/the female Hero, but wanted to expand the drawing even more.

Chrono Trigger. Like DQ IV, another big drawing that took me days to finish.

Android Road Trip!

Buu Saga/Arc Launch. Really underrated outfit. Launch did appear in the Buu arc of the DBZ anime, but not the manga. Since we only see the top half of her outfit (which is a jacket), I decided to make my own outfit for the bottom half.

Sisu from Raya and the Last Dragon. A drawing that I still love to this day.

Wow, that was a lot of drawings for the honorable mentions. I have so, so many good ones from last year but I don't want to put too much here. For number one... my best drawing goes to...

1. Mewtwo

This Mewtwo is by far, the best one I have made. My other Pokémon drawings like Eternatus and Rayquaza I experimented with diffrent brushes, and Mewtwo is the one that sticks out the most for me.

It's a redraw of an official Mewtwo art from the TCG (forgot which one). Overall, I give this one, the best drawing award of 2021.


Anyways, what do you think? Let me know in the comments and if you like what you see, consider donating on my Ko-fi page. I'm also open for commissions.









Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.