Translate

Goodbye Ash... [Spoiler Warning]

And that's the end of Journeys. And the end of Ash. And Goh. Well, not really as there is supposed to be 11 special episodes starting January 13th, 2023. And guess what? Ash, Misty. and Brock are back, baby!

If you haven't read my post on SPOILERS: Ash winning the World Championships, you can click here.

You know, I thought "Pokémon! I'm Glad I Met You!" was the final episode, but nope they made another one. 

I was worried that Ho-Oh wouldn't appear, but he sure did!

And then, after the credits and the announcement of the special episodes, they announced: a Scarlet and Violet anime. But there is no Ash. No sign of him.

Instead, we have 2 new protagonists replacing him: Liko and Roy, according to Serebii.

But I don't know... I just don't think I will watch the new Scarlet/Violet anime. I just feel like it won't be the same anymore without Ash. I might watch one episode but I don't know. Maybe Ash might make a cameo, but who knows. I just feel like stopping at Journeys/Pocket Monsters. I'll probably watch all of  Journeys on Netflix, English dubbed because I haven't watched the dub in a while after the end of Sun and Moon and I started watching the series (Journeys) in Japanese because spoilers were all over my Twitter and I didn't want to get spoiled while waiting on the dub. I'm not sure if the movies won't have Ash anymore.

To see Ash go this far and become World Champion while Goh finally meeting Mew, it's amazing. But now I feel sad. It's over. I look forward to watching the 11 special episodes next year! And I hope to collect the rest of the English dubbed DVDs... if Journeys ever comes on DVD I will buy it up to Master Journeys. Again, I might not watch the SV anime, sadly. I feel like they're gonna do a Beyblade Shogun Steel thing (Shogun wasn't that great) in my opinion.

I grew up with the anime. I first got exposed to it when I think DP: Battle Dimension aired on Cartoon Network back in the day. And then some of Black & White: Adventures in Unova. The episode of B&W I remembered was the Zoroark fog episode. I also remembered watching the older Indigo League episodes on Boomerang and Netfix. I fully didn't get into the anime until Disney XD aired the Volcanion movie and Sun & Moon. I watched all of the series up to X&Y and movies up to Hoopa back in 2020. I love the anime and as I said, to see Ash go this far, and to see all of his old Pokémon cheer on Pikachu during the Leon battle (that part made me cry badly) is amazing.

Goodbye, Ash. Thank you for being amazing! You truly are a Pokémon master. 

I might make a follow up post when the specials come out next year.



Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.