Translate

Disenchanted was amazing.

 

Enchanted is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. From the 2D animation to the songs, it blew me away. I own the DS game which I beat at night (secretly playing my DS and making sure my parents wouldn't take it away cause there were few save points and I was at the end of the game) and a GBA game, which is a prequel focusing on Giselle in Andalasia. 

I remember Giselle used to be a Disney Princess and that she used to be on the Disney Princess website. And I also found out that Giselle used to be at Disney World (I WISH I MET HER BADLY). But they sadly removed that status because according to the Disney Princess wiki,

"She was first to be considered to be an official Disney Princess, until Amy Adams said no because Disney has to pay royalties of their likeness of their role of their characters and also use their images only if they have the actresses permissions in order to include live action characters."

Kinda sad. I wish she was permanently a Disney Princess because if she was, then we would see some merch out of Giselle such as dolls. And she would probably appear in Ralph Breaks the Internet along with the other princesses. Speaking of dolls, I was almost gonna have a doll of Giselle in her pink dress because I saw an ad on the back of the Enchanted DS game's instructions but then I didn't. The dolls and some merch are rare now.

Now, I told myself that I wished that Enchanted had a sequel. I used to look at fan made images of "Enchanted 2" and I would cross my fingers.

And then, the news hit.

Enchanted 2 is happening!!! And I would frequently check the news for updates. Finally, Disney drops the trailer for it this year and my happiness and nostalgia level rises up.

And now... here it is. Finally on Disney+. Was it worth the wait for me?

WARNING: THIS WILL CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I'll try my best to explain some parts of the movie by memory w/ the help of Wikipedia.

So, we begin the movie and we see Pip, with what appears to be 2 children (could be his)? It's so cool to see Pip in his full 2D animated glory again. He explains that Giselle lived as a baby (something not seen in the first movie), with Pip explaining the rest of Enchanted. He then says, it's not over. 

Giselle, Robert, and a teenage Morgan (not played by the same actress) are living happily, with Giselle having a baby named Sofia. Giselle decides to move in to a new town called Monroeville and so they do. Morgan has a hard time fitting in school and Giselle comes up with an idea. She sets up a festival to make people vote for Morgan as the ball's princess, but Morgan ends up getting embarrassed that she calls Giselle her "step mom". 

Giselle steps outside, reunites with Pip, uses the wand (that King Edward and Queen Nancy gave her earlier) and wishes that her family's life would be a fairy tale. And so it does. 

Now, I had told my dad this before they even said it. I remembered earlier that Morgan got embarrassed and called Giselle her "step mother". Yep. Giselle slowly turns into an evil stepmother, with Pip turning into a cat. Now that I wasn't expecting until I remembered what happened earlier and that Giselle started acting weird when she looked at the clock the second time.

Later on in the movie, Giselle is out of control, switching between good and evil, and her normal side pushed Morgan into the well because she says to stop the wish or to save her family. Giselle has become evil and Morgan is now in Andalasia, 2D animated. Andalasia isn't holding up well as there is a giant hole in the sky. Giselle's tree of memories is dying and then there is a song between Morgan and Nancy. This part almost made me tear up seeing the 2D animation. Idina is amazingly talented with her singing. 

Remember earlier in the movie where they had this drawing of memories (a tree)? Well, they use it and finally arrive to where Giselle is. Giselle grabs the paper and tears it up, causing so much magic to come out of it, returning her back to normal. However, it isn't over as Malvina has Morgan into vines and Giselle drops the wand, while Andalasia is slowly dying. Giselle sings one more song and she dies (as well as Pip and several other Andalasia characters). But, Robert and Tyson stop the clock (before it strikes midnight and the wish becomes permanent) and Morgan wishes everything back to normal.

The movie ends with everything back to normal with one last song, and Pip leaving his room and a firefly winking at the viewer with "The End" on screen. 

This movie was worth the wait for me.

-END OF SPOILERS-

Wow. The new music, the acting... I'm in love. Alan Menken did an amazing job, as well as the original cast.

Now, I noticed that there are some news articles that said that it loses the charm of the original movie. It even has a 47 (or lower) on Rotten Tomatoes. I can understand why, but I adored this movie. The only thing that I wanted to see more of is more 2D animation, mostly showing Prince Edward and Queen Nancy. By the way, as I said earlier, I watched it with my dad and he doesn't like musicals, but I wanted him to watch it with me anyways!

I hope to see more from the Enchanted franchise. I want to see Giselle get a Funko Pop. More dolls of her. Heck, make her a Disney Princess again and bring her back to Disney World! I'm not the only one:

(article)

I have such a big heart for Enchanted and I'm am so happy that this sequel did great. 9.5/10, will buy on DVD in the future.

What are your thoughts on Disenchanted? Let me know in the comments!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonuses:

By the way, check out this amazing fanart from ArtMakerProductions on DeviantArt that I randomly found on Google. I wish the movie originally did a Roger Rabbit with Giselle, the Queen, Pip, and Edward being 2D drawn in the live action sequences.


#1: https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerproductions/art/Disney-s-Enchanted-What-if-913082089

#2: https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerproductions/art/Disney-s-Enchanted-What-if-2-926015366

#3: https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerproductions/art/Disney-s-Enchanted-What-if-3-926062722

#4: https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerproductions/art/Disney-s-Enchanted-What-If-4-927196224


This person did an amazing job staying in character as Giselle during some Halloween party thing at Disney World in 2014. I guess this is a "what if" Giselle stayed at DW forever without the whole Amy Adams situation as mentioned before.


Here's an official Giselle meet and greet thing from 2007 when she was at the parks- too bad there's only music in this video and the meeting is short (this makes me want to meet her so badly!):


Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.