Translate

Pokémon Film Festival Movie Winners Announced. My thoughts.


 I had recently watched the new Pokémon episode, and I honestly knew Cynthia would win against Iris.

A commercial was shown recently about the upcoming Pokémon Film Festival, announcing 3 movies that won. Last month, people in Japan got to vote out of all of the movies. I voted, using translate on my phone. I had picked Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to win. My other two bets were on The Power of Us, the First Movie, and Celebi. I mean, all of the movies are good so it was hard to pick.

And then they showed the movies. I was a bit disappointed.


Pokémon Heroes is a good movie, the animation is beautiful. I watched the movie last year or the year before, so it's been a while.

I hoped for Lucario to app-
Jirachi Wish Maker? It was alright... I don't have much to say about it.


*wimbearn crosses fingers for Lucario to appear*. Gets disappointed in 3...2...1...


The Rise of Darkrai. I mean, the movie is good. Darkrai's death near the end is a bit sad, but it's a beautiful movie. Is Darkrai that popular in Japan, or do people really like the movie, just wondering. 

Yep. Those were the movie winners. I was really, really hoping for my movie picks to win but sadly they never made it. I mean it's Japan only, I'm not traveling from the US to there just to watch a movie :/. 

I guess I'll just host my own film festival by my self. In my own home, lmao.


So it looks like if you attend you get to put your event Pokémon in Sword and Shield. For Dialga, he will be put in your Shield game. For Palkia, he will be put in Sword. Also, cap Pikachu. I'm surprised they're still doing these SW/SH events. The serial codes expire September 30th. As for the Pikachu on the bottom, it’s for some arcade game in Japan.

Latias and Latios airs 8-11 thru 8-18
Jirachi airs 8-19 thru 8-25
Darkrai airs 8-26 (my birthday!) thru 9-1
From 9-2 thru 9-8 the movies will be screened daily.


There are a lot of good Pokémon movies and I have to say, congrats to the winners. While I am disappointed that Lucario didn't make it, I guess I'm a bit happy or agree with what people voted in Japan. All 3 are good movies. Maybe I might re watch them? 

What are your thoughts in the comments below? Will you travel to Japan just to watch these films?
















Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.