Translate

Off Topic Tuesday: Dragon Ball Devolution: An amazing fan game!

(Disclaimer: I don't own this fangame or characters; this fangame is made by Txori. Characters are owned by Akira Toriyama and rights belong to Shuiesha and Toei and Funimation; support the official releases.)

I've played some Dragon Ball fangames and official ones. I started playing Legends last year because my favorite character, Launch got added to the game. Sadly, Legends is just... eh. I don't play it that much, and I don't do PVP in the game. I tend to stay away from gacha games and while I had luck getting Launch on the 4th try when her Legends All Star banner came out, I never had luck getting other characters like Legends Limited SSJ4 Goku (my favorite Goku transformation) or Ultra Super Gogeta. All I got was just Hero or Extremes (that I already have and don't use) and it made me upset that I didn't want to waste any more Chrono Crystals. 

I also stopped with the story cause it was getting hard for me. My characters kept getting knocked out every time...

But there's this one Dragon Ball game that stood out to me... Dragon Ball Devolution by Txori.


The tutorial was easy to understand and as I played more of the game, I was getting the hang of it! And on 1/7, they started off the new year with an update by adding new chapters and characters including Granolah from the Dragon Ball Super manga.


Whenever I get bored, I just hop on this game and play some of the chapters or just have fun in the versus mode against a computer (I have no friends to play with me 😂). They have lots of characters including Candy Vegito from the Buu Saga, GT Android 18, Arale, Akira, Giant Piccolo and more.

The only criticism I have is when selecting a character. Sure there are a lot, but I wish you can organize by choosing a character by series (Dragon Ball, DBZ, Super, etc), or by race (Android and Namekian for example).

I look forward to more updates and Txori, if you're reading this, please add Lunch/Launch in the next update or a future one. My girl needs to be playable! Just Saiyan'. Here's a concept I made. I made other versions of her as well, which I will talk about in an upcoming post.

Hopefully Toei doesn't shut this one down (they shut down an Android/mobile game I played called Z Champions, which is a good DBZ fan game). This game is addicting! Let me know what you think in the comments. For reasons, I will not be linking the game's website. You can find that yourself.

Update (2/17): After sharing my Lunch/Launch concepts on Twitter and tagging the creator, he replied with this: "Nice try. You'll be happy to know she's already added for the next release." I'm excited!!!

Update (5/19): The update dropped on the 16th, and Launch has finally been added to the game!



Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.