Translate

Dragon Ball Devolution: Launch concept sprites!

(Disclaimer: I don't own this fangame or characters; this fangame is made by Txori. Characters are owned by Akira Toriyama and rights belong to Shuiesha and Toei and Funimation; support the official releases.)

A follow up to my Off Topic Tuesday post, I want to show off my Launch concept sprites off as well as what that outfit is based off of. I really hope she gets added to the game! Did you know besides fanart, I do pixel art? I’m not good at it, but I’m trying!

Her moveset would probably be based off of Future Mai's since she uses a gun. And since she's human, she can't fly (they could've given the humans jetpacks like the other official Dragon Ball games, oh well). I was thinking, when she enters battle, she will sneeze and transform into her Blonde side.

Here are her portraits. These are based off of the portraits used for the Dragon Ball SNES games.

I'm gonna put these outfits in the order Launch wore them in the Dragon Ball series instead of the order I made them. This was a really fun concept I made and Launch's other outfits (except for her original) were made just for fun, and won't be added in the game (it would be cool if you can play as Launch in the outfit Roshi gave her from episode 15). If I get the order wrong, oh well.

For the sprite, I used Pan's sprite since I made pixel art of her in the Devolution style last year, but adjusted it. I mean, it looks fine, but I could've adjusted it to make her look tall. 

Starting off, we have her original and default outfit. 

Next, the infamous outfit Master Roshi gave Launch. I still love that quote Blondie says in the dub: "Okay, boys! Who's idea was this? Wanna dress me like a doll? Well then please don't forget... the accessory machine gun!"

This outfit in the episode "Milk Delivery". She wore it while sleeping with Goku. Until Roshi came along....

Launch's maid outfit. I didn’t know what colors to give her, so I ended up sticking with this one (see above; not my image).

Launch has worn different outfits when cooking or taking care of the Kame House. I didn't want to make different versions. Although, I should've used the one from the show's first ending.

This outfit worn during the Red Ribbon Army arc.  I decided to give her gloves since she did wear gloves during a scene of her stealing a diamond from Roshi and escaping. Her top is the same as her original, just colored pink.

Launch's black shirt from the Tien Shinhan arc, or during the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. She does wear this in the third movie, but the color of her pants is different.

Her purple tank top worn during the King Piccolo arc. She has worn this top before when Goku and Krillin were prepared for the Tournament, but I felt like putting it in this place instead. I was gonna have a bandolier wrapped around her like she had on one time, but I decided to scrap it, since it might cover the entire outfit (same with the belt).

One of my favorite outfits, the pink outfit worn during the King Piccolo arc. 

Launch's red dress from the Piccolo Jr. arc.

Did you know that she was in the Buu arc? Yeah, but sadly that moment is anime only. She was one of the people giving energy to Goku! Since her bottom half isn't shown, I decided to make my own, using my fanart from last year of that outfit for reference.



And finally, her dress in the "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return" special. It's just her red dress from the Piccolo Jr. arc, colored yellow.

There are a lot of other outfits she's worn, but I don't want to do them all. Some outfits I've scrapped include her manga colors, and her outfit when Master Roshi was sneaking a peak to see Launch and Bulma. 

It's too much. And I was considering on working on a sprite sheet for her showing her animations and all, but I don't want to do it, as I feel like it's a waste of time for me. Who knows, I might make it. Or someone else can do it.

What do you think? Comment below! Hope you like my concept and if sharing, credit me as "wimbearn".


Update (2/17): After sharing my Lunch/Launch concepts on Twitter and tagging the creator, he replied with this: "Nice try. You'll be happy to know she's already added for the next release." I'm excited!!!



Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.