FurReal Friends Kittens Disney’s Figaro | I didn’t know this existed!

Storytime on how I found this plush: eBay recommended me this plush while I was looking at a random listing. Yeah. I clicked on it and saw that it was listed back in 2024 and only 3 people were watching. What surprises me is how those watchers... didn't buy him at all.

I was like, nah, this can't be real right...

So, I use Google Lens. And there it was. It's official. I also had to look up the character and remembered him because he was Minnie's cat; but, before he became her cat, he was in Pinocchio as an original character and because of Walt Disney liking him, he appeared in his own shorts and became the rival of Pluto. That's something interesting I learned from the Disney wiki.

To quote the FurReal wiki (click here for the Fandom wiki instead; please use an ad blocker!):

In 2003, Hasbro released an additional variant of the Kitten inspired by the character of Figaro from the Disney film Pinocchio. The toy is functionally identical to the default Kitten. It differs from the original toy only in its fur covering, which is made to resemble the character. In addition to the usual accessories, Figaro also came with a red collar with a fabric name tag.

I also checked WorthPoint and saw a total of 8 listings (not counting duplicates; 11 if counted) and saw good photos of the plush's box from this listing. And I can see why this plush is so scarce and so obscure: it appears to be exclusive to Disney Land. If you use Google Lens on this plush, you will get other regular Figaro plushies instead. Heck, searching "FurReal Figaro" will give you less results. Maybe another reason besides being an exclusive plush is because this is early FurReal; the first one, according to the wiki, being the cat and the kitten line didn't release until 2003.

I'm also glad someone archived the instructions to this scarce and obscure plush. 

He was too cute... too adorable... so I bought him for the listing price of $20 (not including tax and shipping). 

There's also another listing as of this writing; prior to me buying this plush, I couldn't find any sold listings of this exact plush. The other listing that I didn't buy from said that the plush did make sound, but the paws didn't move (made a clicking noise). Also, no watchers.

And minutes after I bought him, the seller quickly made a label for him, shipped him out, and I got him on 9/3. And oh, my goodness, he looks better in person than in the seller's photos.

His battery pack... was a pain to get open using a flathead screwdriver. I did put in three new AA batteries and... he works! Moves his paws perfectly as the seller described. There was little corrosion on the far right side of his battery pack at the top, but it didn't affect the plush as much. I'm just very lucky that I found one that works!

My Figaro didn't come with the felt collar, so I used some red ribbon that my mom had at her house because she was using it (well, a different color) for wrapping a gift basket, I cut that up, and wrapped it around Figaro's neck to make this cute lil' bowtie. I did see some Figaro plushies that have a bow on him, so that's why I made one on mine.

The sounds are the same as a regular FurReal kitten, but it doesn't matter, it's still cute!!! And he's very soft... I'm so glad I purchased this plush because what an obscure find! He didn't come with the bottle, so I bought a replacement bottle from another seller which I got today. Unlike the actual FurReal kittens, this Figaro has plush ears.

Here's the tag, if you're curious (image is from the seller I didn't buy from):


I love the little star next to the Hasbro logo; I think it's also on other Hasbro Disney plushies, as I did see one on a Brother Bear plush. This tag confirms that it's 100% official and probably exclusive to Disney Parks, if you look at the copyright. Also, look how it says, "Disney Kittens". It may suggest they had plans for more, but only released Figaro.

And some short video demos (Blogger unfortunately compresses the videos to 360p):


Off topic, remember when FurReal Friends actually was "FurReal"? As in, realistic? Nowadays, it's too cartoony.

Comments