Translate

My thoughts on AI as a whole: I don’t like it.

October is almost here, I recently purchased an ISBN for Volume 1 of SaGia, and while I finish up Volume 2 of SaGia (now working on Chapter 9 as I was finished with 8 yesterday), I want to make a short post about AI and my thoughts about it as an artist, voice actress, and author.

I previously talked about this in an old post of mine, but, I’ve been mostly quiet about it after that post until now.  Why? Because I’m afraid of talking about AI due to it being controversial. I was inspired by a post I read on Saturday.

I feel like some social media places have been ruined due to AI. I’d say that Instagram or any other Meta platform is the worst offender because I remember hearing something about Meta using your data to train AI a while back and  some artists that I follow have left Instagram or no longer post and moved to a place called Cara. I’ve joined Cara as well because of some of my art friends being on there, but to be honest, it has issues and bugs sometimes and I regret going on the hype train. And I rarely post there; I post my original art (mostly SaGia). Also, Google. Dear gosh, I don’t want to call it Google anymore; more like AIoogle because every time you search for something now, you always get an AI result at the top of the page, with no way to turn it off as of the time of this writing. Maybe Bing has a similar thing too, I don’t know. A way to avoid it is to use a filter in Chrome to only show Web results or just use a different search engine without the AI.

AI art and AI voices… I just don’t care about them at all. Do you want a soulless robot replacing a real, human being that put in a lot of effort into their hard work? No. I’ve seen people quitting their jobs because of AI.

If the AI helps correct grammar (like Grammarly), I’m fine. But an AI to automatically write your story or essay for you? Heck no. Just to be clear, I DO NOT use AI for drawing, writing, or creating the characters of my original comic SaGia. I’ve been working hard on it since 2021.

AI art (or videos) scares me. It roars like a lion at me. I’m not giving up, though. I’m pushing hard as I can with art and commissions. So far, I haven’t gotten any recent art commissions. It’s a struggle. AI is getting scarier and more powerful like a Dragon Ball Z villain.

My final thought: If you’re an artist, grab a pencil and paper or a digital tablet and draw. If you’re a voice actor, grab that mic and talk! If you’re a writer, keep on writing! Don’t let this soulless robot replace you.

Anyways, that’s all of my thoughts on AI. I’m against it (except for if it’s used in a positive way like correcting grammar). I’m fighting this battle, this war of robots.

Take care. Maybe check out the post I linked above.

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.