Translate

wimbearn’s DVD Collection! Part 2.

 

And now, your feature presentation: part two of my DVD collection!

If you haven't read part 1, feel free to check that out. https://wimbearn.blogspot.com/2022/09/wimbearns-dvd-collection-part-1.html

Let's continue the collection, shall we?

Totally Spies Seasons 1-3


I got this DVD when TS was on Netflix. If you're looking for this collection, well, it's out of print and Cartoon Network no longer airs the show.

I have yet to finish this up. I forgot what episode I stopped at. But Totally Spies is one of my favorite childhood shows. Wish this set included the movie. And I wish people stopped calling it a fetish show.

150 Cartoon Classics


This DVD has a lot of classic cartoons such as Popeye, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, and more!

Barbie as Rapunzel 


A childhood movie. Even Cree Summer voices the dragon, named Penelope, I think! I used to have a plushie of that dragon that talked but it scared me as a kid :P

Casper



Doc McStuffins


I don't know when I got this DVD, but I remember watching the very first episode of Doc when it premiered on Disney Junior. I remember having a doll version of Doc as well. And I remember the episode where Michelle Obama showed up (that episode isn't on this DVD).

Brother Bear

Coraline


Man, the glasses in this DVD is amazing. Wish more movies had a 3D option. There is one scene in the movie with the Other Mother's spider web and the tunnel Coraline crawls in....  mind blowing with the glasses on. I even jumped at one scene where Coraline was grabbing one of the orb thingies (?) and the hand popped out and grabbed Coraline. 

Balto Movies 1-3


My mom got me the first two Balto movies from of course… bargain bin at Walmart. I loved both of them that I wanted the third one. 

Sinbad


Looks like another bootleg. I barely remember this movie.

The rating on this bootleg is PG-13 for “adventure action, some mild sensuality and brief language”. Yeah, I don’t think that’s the right rating.

Curious George Movies 1-2



Charlotte's Web


Movie is beautiful! But the final scene is a bit sad.

Monsters Inc & University


Yep, the Monsters Inc. DVD is a bootleg. The rating is not rated R like the other bootlegs I own, but PG-13 for "some sequences of action or violence". 



Doogal


I think Butch Hartman talked about this movie. While this movie flopped, I loved this movie as a kid. Until I found out a video talking about the comparisons to the original UK version of this movie, titled, "The Magic Roundabout" (which I did not know existed until I watched that video). Yeah, the moose farting in this version (the US version) was unnecessary.

Tom Thumb meets Thumbelina/Snow White


I don’t have much to say about this, but it’s one of those low budget movies trying to be Disney.

The Adventures of Pinocchio


When I was a kid, I remember the Pinocchio in this movie used to scare me. I wasn't bothered by the cover of the DVD or the main menu, but I was a bit scared of how he would move in the movie. I didn't scream or cry or anything, but I would watch the beginning of the movie until Pinocchio showed up on screen. Then I would hide behind my parents bed. I don't know if my mom ejected the movie from the DVD player... man I have bad memory.

But re-watching it a couple of years later at like age 15/16 (?), it didn't scare me or I didn't hide behind my bed. The puppetry in the movie is really good and there was this one scene I would rewind a lot: I think Pinocchio was called woody by a bully and the bully punched him and Pinocchio repeated the same thing but when he hits the bully, the bully falls down. It's a hilarious scene.

I'm not surprised that I'm not the only one who was freaked out by this movie's Pinocchio. From what I've looked up, some people said they were scared or their kids were scared of this Pinocchio. Or scared of a scene from this movie. I heard this movie got a sequel. The guy who played Pinocchio in this movie also played Young Simba in the Lion King, which is very cool!

"Pinocchio's face looks like a real face was photographed and then transformed by computer into a wooden dummy. The result is unsettling and even a little creepy, and I didn't like this Pinocchio, which is by the Jim Henson people, nearly as much as the all-cartoon creature in Disney's 1940 movie." (source)

And yes, I know about the live action Disney's Pinocchio. The Pinocchio in that looks kinda creepy. It's why Disney should stop making live action remakes. They're doing it for the money.

Inside Out


Robots


Not gonna lie, I love this cover for the inside and outside of this DVD. I didn’t know Halle Berry and Amanda Bynes was in it.

Oh look, it’s funny football head baby.

The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss


A childhood show I love. Going back to it... well, the CG in some of the episodes aren't that great. And then they switched to a preschool type thing with the cat saying hi to the audience. I highly suggest you check out Defunctland's video of this show. It's very interesting.


My name was written on the other DVD (the left one) cause I brought this to school for the class to watch… I was little.

Anastasia/Pocahontas and Camelot/The Hunchback of Norte Dame


Another set of low budget Disney wannabe movies.

DBZ: Super Android 13 & Bojack Unbound


My ex-boyfriend bought this last year along with my Bojack Bulma cosplay. Yeah, I cosplayed as this movie's Bulma and people loved it. It's my very first cosplay. I really wanted to cosplay as Launch. Maybe in the future.

I’ve only watched Bojack. Haven’t watched Super A13 yet.

Madea's Tough Love


A Madea movie my mom originally kept but gave it to me. This is the only Madea animated movie. Wish Tyler Perry made a sequel.

Shark Tale


A favorite childhood movie of mine.

The Reef


Oh god, this movie. This movie tried to be Nemo/PIXAR so bad but failed. It’s another bargain bin movie my mom (?) bought for me.

Storks 3D


Movie was alright, some jokes were a hit or miss. But the animation is expressive.

Trolls


The Secret Life of Pets & 3 Mini Movie Collection

The Jungle Book


My iPad’s flash was auto on and not gonna lie, the photo above looks nice. I love holographic DVD sleeves.

My opinions on this movie: decent live action Jungle Book, but the original is still better.

Pete's Dragon


This one was really good! I’ve never watched the original Pete’s Dragon before, might check that out sometime. The CGI for Elliot is cute.

The Secret of Mulan/Moses: Egypt's Great Prince


I remember this version of Mulan and liking it as a kid. I watched someone react to it a couple of months ago and looking at it... yeah... it's a musical (same with Moses) and it's not that great especially the animation. But I love the character design of Mulan.

The Moses one, I barely remember it but one of the songs is a bit stuck in my head. 

The Prince of Tennis


This one I got from my high school anime club. My teacher was giving away stuff and I picked this DVD. I haven't watched this anime yet, but I'll check it out sometime. This one is just a sneak preview of episode 1, sadly.

Mulan II


Yep, another bootleg! Even the back is holographic. The rating for this is unknown, since Mulan II is direct to DVD, I think. 

Sky High


Another bootleg! This one has the correct rating of PG. Is it me or MHA (My Hero Academia) rip off Sky High... just kidding.

Animal Friends 8-Movie Collection


Another bargain bin movie. Haven’t watched this one really. But I didn’t know it came with the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie!

Hotel Transylvania 2


Treasure Island


This, Care Bears, and Quest for Camelot I got from my English teacher at my high school. She was giving away some stuff and I picked these DVDs. I have yet to watch them except for the Care Bears one which I've already watched... as a kid renting it at Blockbuster (RIP).

Care Bears The Nutcracker

Quest for Camelot


I heard that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic creator Lauren Faust was one of the staff/crew members who worked on this movie. I think she did some animation.

Scoob!


I remember when this movie was announced, I thought it would be a full crossover with other Hanna Barbera characters. That is true in the movie, as some HB characters appear such as Captain Caveman but I guess most of the focus was on Scooby and the gang. An alright movie, in my opinion.

Piglet's Big Movie


Another bootleg. This one has a rating of R for “language and brief drug use”, like the other bootlegs I own that have the dts logo slapped on there. Yeah, I totally remember that one scene where Pooh was high on honey.

Spooky Buddies


Man, I really wish I had that plushie.

Jurassic Park Collection


I got this collection because I love the Jurassic Park movies. Jurassic World was awesome but the sequel was eh. Didn’t really care for the recent JW movie that released this year.

Despicable Me & DM2 Mini Movie 6-Pack


 My mom bought this because she is a teacher and I think it was for the kids. She gave it to me after.

Hoodwinked


Childhood movie right here. Remember when Cartoon Network would play this movie? Yeah. Sequel wasn’t that great, but the animation of that movie improved. 

I still don’t know who Xzibit is, lol. I didn’t know Patrick Warburton voiced the Wolf in this movie. You may know him as Joe from Family Guy and Kronk.

The Santa Clause 2


Another bootleg. This one has the correct rating however. I recently heard that they’re bringing back the Santa Clause, but as a series on Disney+.

UP



Tinker Bell


One of my favorite childhood movies. Mom got this for me along with a Tinker Bell DS game. I love how sparkly Tink’s wings are on the sleeve. I loved feeling that part!

Also, that hawk is gonna catch Tink.., it’s clearly behind her about to swoop her up from the front cover.

By the way, I love Vidia. She’s my favorite fairy.

Atlantis & Atlantis Milo's Return



Another bootleg and the last bootleg with the dts logo I own. The rating on this is unknown. The DVD cover is double sided and inside contains the DVDs for both movies.

Lilo & Stitch 2


The glitching of Stitch never really bothered me much, but I heard it scared some kids when they watched this movie.

Finding Nemo


Again, I love the holographic sleeves for the DVDs. This one is so beautiful to look at. Finding Dory’s is just bland to look at. They don’t make good DVD sleeve covers like this anymore, I guess.

Steven Universe


I have yet to watch this show! I got this one for Christmas back in 2020. I've been hearing it's good. And looking inside, wow! I just adore the artwork. Love how the DVDs are in a book, but kinda worried they could be scratched (not a big fan of the placement of the DVDs). I’m gonna be careful with this collection.


OG Dragon Ball Seasons 1-5


Now, these DVDs are bootleg. My ex-boyfriend bought these for me on eBay. The reason why they are bootleg is because if you look at the back... Akira Toriyama's name is misspelled (Alita Toriyama) and also it says “Dragon Ball Z” when it’s just “Dragon Ball”. Reasons why you don’t trust eBay.


All of the discs played fine, except for Season 5 disc 1. Halfway, it crashed my DVD player and I had to watch the rest of the episodes that was on the disc on a website.

I adore the original Dragon Ball series. No, not because of Launch (who is one of my favorite characters of all time) but because of the art style, the music, the humor (until the Piccolo arc which gets more serious; Krillin's death gave me some chills to be honest)... everything about it I adore. This is why it's my second favorite anime. Besides the Launch episodes or episode 98 where Launch gets more screen time saving Goku from some guys, there are some filler episodes I love such as the Hasky scenes/episodes and the InoShikaCho episode. OG Dragon Ball deserves some more appreciation than Z. 

Dragon Quest: Legend of the Hero Abel & Dragon Warrior (made by me)


Now, I saved this one for last, since this is my favorite anime of all time. If you aren't familiar with the series or understand why it's my favorite, click here.

For the Legend of the Hero Abel anime, I didn't make a DVD menu for both discs since I didn't feel like paying money for services, plus I was dealing with computer issues (I've been using this Windows Surface since 2019 (?)) and it's a time waster for me. I burned the episodes that I found online and put them in separate discs as seasons. I watched the series through to make sure it was working and it did. The last batch of episodes (somewhere around 38-42) subtitles were bad and full of Engrish but luckily, a fansubbing group by the name of Monster Questor Subs completed the series after I finished re-watching it last year (perfect timing). It took lot of work burning the subtitles to the episodes using some software (there were two options: use the original Dragon Quest spell names or Warrior spell names; I used the DQ spell names) and then copying all of the episodes on my previous season 2 disc and putting them on the new disc while deleting the episodes with the awfully translated episodes and replacing them with the MQS fansubbed ones. Yeah, I know how to burn discs without the internet. I wish I could get the episodes from Element7, but they are gone and lost thanks to YouTube's copyright system. 

MQS had also subbed the lost/original broadcast airings of episodes 32 and 33 plus some other bonuses, so I replaced the non subtitled episode 32 with the MQS version, as well as a recap of episodes 1-4. The rest of the bonuses I found I didn't bother and just left them unsubbed. The disc that contained the awful subtitles, the unsubbed episode 32 (original broadcast) and episode 1-4 recap is still in my closet in a case.

As for the Dragon Warrior DVD, I made the DVD menu in Adobe Premiere Elements 15. The software is old and crashes a lot, which is why I stopped using it. I downloaded all of the English dubbed 13 episodes from YouTube before Toei or some company took them down. I place the episodes in the software, did some editing (making sure the episode's volume was up and zoomed in since it was captured on VHS quality) and waited at night for the whole thing to burn to the disc. When I woke up, it was burned. I was happy and I was worried. Tested it out on my DVD player and… it works well!



The main menu is just the opening to the Dragon Warrior anime, while the chapter menu plays the theme.

The DVD covers are made in Photoshop by me. The printer ink was low when I printed it out which is why it looks off, so I am planning to replace the covers with better ones if my printer has full ink. The artwork of the Dragon Warrior one is made by some fan and not gonna lie, it looks like it belongs on a VHS cover! “The Complete Series” at the bottom is added by me.

I am keeping these DVDs just for me, and I am not selling these DVDs. Just a disclaimer there. Don't even ask me.

Legend of the Hero Abel contains:
  • Disc 1 - Season 1 - episodes 1-32
  • Disc 2 - Season 2 - episodes 33-42 + bonuses that I found from someone who ripped the entire Japanese Legend of the Hero Abel DVD - the only bonuses that are subbed are the original broadcast airings of 32 & 33 and the recap of episodes 1-4. The best moments from the show aren't subbed and if it ever does get subbed, I won't make a new disc + the soundtrack from the series (found on YouTube)
Dragon Warrior Contains:
  • All 13 episodes of the English dub in 1 disc - with a DVD menu made in Adobe Premiere Elements 15 - this one was a pain to burn since the software is slow and crashes a lot, but the disc works fine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it!!! I hope you like this post, and please comment as that helps a lot and helps this blog as I've been struggling with getting this blog out there.

Some DVD's I remember having but lost them or gave it away:
  • A LEGO DVD that had a Cars 2 thing on it? It was part of the LEGO Club Magazine. Thank god someone archived it.
  • A Bear in the Big Blue House DVD.

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.