Translate

wimbearn's DVD Collection! Part 1.

I have a lot of DVDs in my room. They are in two drawers since I don't have a shelf or bookshelf to put them in.

It's been a while since I watched something on DVD. The last time I watched something on my Blu-Ray player was last year. But enough talking, let's get on to the collection!

Pokémon: All seasons except for the rest of Diamond and Pearl, B&W, XY and the rest of Sun and Moon + the first 3 movies


Of course I have Pokémon in my collection! I have watched all of the seasons back in 2020 since I was on a Pokémon binge and I started with Sun and Moon when that aired on Disney XD. The rest of the seasons that I don’t have on DVD I watched online. I’m pretty sure VIZ has been releasing more seasons which I might add to my collection once I get more money. As for the first three movies, I am sticking with them and probably won’t add more Pokémon movies to my collection. I did remember seeing a 4 or 2 pack movie collection that had Pokémon Heroes and Jirachi in it and one with a Diamond and Pearl movie collection, I don’t know.

Alvin and the Chipmunks - all 4 movies.



Yep. I know some people hate the chipmunks movies, but I love them. They are my favorite childhood movies! Is it me or are they reusing the same smiling chipmunks on every cover? :/. They could just make new artwork but nope, FOX is lazy and just reusing the same art but altering them. You cannot escape their smiling faces.

But I love these covers. I’m glad I don’t have the version where they have one of the chipmunks artwork slapped onto a boring gradient background. And they did it with other movies like Shrek. It’s so boring! If you know what I’m talking about.

Squeakquel and ChipWrecked came with a sing along. I don’t know if the first movie or Road Chip came with them. But I remember the first Alvin movie came with an Alvin plushie, I think. Sadly I don’t own one.

All Shrek Movies.


How can you say no the Ogre Lord? 🤣

But who else is just waiting for a Shrek 5? Anyways, I own all Shrek movies and the Final Chapter came with a Christmas DVD.

DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp


I have never watched the original DuckTales series except for 1 episode when it was on the Disney Channel (now DisneyNOW) app. I found this DVD at my Target and watched it with my mom and dad. If I recall, the genie from this movie returned in the DuckTales 2017 reboot.

The Wild


Aw man, I BARELY remember this movie! But I know it’s trying to be Dreamwork’s Madagascar badly, but failed. I remember having a toy from McDonald’s and it was the Koala character with the torch. Also, Greg Cipes (Beast Boy from Teen Titans) is in this and I didn’t know until I watched a YouTube video reviewing this movie.

Enchanted


I LOVE Enchanted. Hands down, my favorite Disney movie of all time. And it’s coming out with a sequel coming to Disney Plus (which released a trailer a couple days ago and I was unaware of the trailer until today). To be honest, it looks amazing! And if the movie is good, I might buy the DVD if that ever happens.

Miraculous


Ah yes, Miraculous! I remember watching the series when it aired on Nick! But I would watch the episodes on YouTube sometimes. I think the first episodes I’ve watched from the series was the origin episodes. I think around 2020 I started binging the series on Netflix. Still waiting on that new season to come to the US as other countries are airing it still and I want to avoid spoilers since I think I have some people I follow who post them. 

I bought this DVD at Walmart and my mom thought Marinette looked liked Violet from the Incredibles. Now I can’t unsee it still.

Descendants


First off, rest in peace Cameron.

But this movie I remember seeing on Disney Channel. It is so amazing and the cast did a good job with their acting. I only care about the first three movies and not the spinoffs. I heard it’s getting a fourth movie (recently announced) but nah, still sticking with the first three.

The DVD also comes with a bracelet which I still have but it’s broken. I was in Middle School when I got this DVD and I remember wearing the bracelet.

Detective Pikachu


Oops, I skipped this one. It was in between Enchanted and The Wild. I watched this movie with a friend in theaters. My friend loves Bulbasaur and when he showed up on screen, she squealed! I still have the trading card in there, never opened since I don’t play the Pokémon TCG.

Over the Hedge


No words here, but one of my childhood movies. :)

Mirror Mirror



The movie was okay, nothing to say here really.

Alice in Wonderland


Another childhood movie!

Beethoven's Christmas Adventure


Movie wasn't that great at all. I mean, it's what you expect from a direct to DVD movie.

All Lion King Movies (except the awful Live Action) + The Lion Guard


So about the Lion King 1 & 2 movies... they're bootlegs. As a matter of fact, I own a lot of movies (mostly Disney) that are bootleg, which I will get to. If it has the DTS logo, then it's a bootleg. And you can tell it's a bootleg cause on the back of The Lion King 1 & 2, it has a rated R rating for language and drug use. When I first saw this rating as a kid, I was like, "am I allowed to watch this?". But don't worry, the movie has none of that, lol. Have you seen any of the characters swear or do drugs?

I forgot that my name was written on the DVD of the 1 1/2 one because I think I brought it to school for the class to watch… think it was Elementary?


As for the Lion Guard DVD, it came with this talking Kion keychain, and like the Descendants bracelet that I wore in middle school, I had this on my backpack, making sure I don't press the button on the back. The battery is dead in it (probably corroded now) and I don't know where I put it at.
 
The Lion King 1 1/2 has this really cool open flap cover too showing you what’s on each disc. More DVDs should have this!

 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


Love the movie, another childhood movie of mine. The DVD also has a second disc inside and I used to play some of the games on it. Anyone miss DVD games?

The Wiz Live!


Remember when NBC plays like those live shows every December or so? Yeah, I think they're still making more. Besides the Wiz, I watched only two of their live shows. The Grinch one was okay.

7-Mini Movie Collection


I don't know why Illumination put these as separate... they're probably already in the movie's DVD/Blu-Ray. I don't know. From the looks of this, it's one of those Walmart bargain bin movies.

SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water


An okay SpongeBob movie, but the first one is better still. I hate how Nick is just still running this show, milking this franchise dry even after the creator's death. I stopped watching SpongeBob after the birthday blowout episode. 

Wall-E


Disney being clever with how you open up the DVD case/packaging. Man, are there any other clever DVD boxes or packaging?


Tom and Jerry Meets Sherlock Holmes


I remember seeing the ad for this movie on Boomerang. It’s an okay movie from my childhood. Love the cover and how shiny it is.

Oh yeah, Droopy was in it! I forgot! 😆

Lots and Lots of bootlegs!


Yep! All of these are bootleg! My parents told me they bought these from some country, I think. It’s so funny seeing Mulan paired with Ice Age or Lilo and Stitch being paired with Spirit. But the DVDs are cool, you can flip them over so you can watch that movie (I think this only applies to the 4 pack). But I think the Snow White one in the four pack would act up, I think?

I now realized I have duplicates of the Beauty and the Beast Christmas movie.

Here’s rating for each of them:

  • Treasure Planet - rated R for “strong pervasive violence, brief language, and a scene of sexuality content”
  • Mulan/Ice Age - unknown
  • A Bugz Life and Antz (very funny pair, by the way) - rated R for “language and brief drug use”
  • The Little Mermaid I and II - rated R for “language and brief drug use” (are we seeing this how common this rating is on these bootlegs?)
  • Snow White/Hercules/Beauty and the Beast/B&tB Christmas - rated R
  • B&tB Christmas - rated R for “violence including some gruesome images, and language”
  • Tarzan/Tarzan & Jane - rated R for “language and brief drug use”
  • Lilo & Stitch/Spirit - unknown since no cover/cover missing but could be rated R, lol
  • The Incredibles - rated PG (correct rating!) for “adventure action and peril”

Wow, Disney sure has gotten downhill. I have more, but those will be covered in part two.

Finding Dory


The movie is really good. But what I hate about this cover is how it says "The Biggest Animated Movie of All Time"... it is rare or less frequent to see it on animated movie covers like this. It bothers me. Even those TV ads where they're like, "The #1 movie in the world!".

Paddington


Beautiful movie, even the sequel was amazing! If they ever make a third one, make it good! 

My first time hearing about Paddington was when I was watching On Demand and they had some old Paddington Bear cartoons.

Ozzy and Drix: Complete Series


Osmosis Jones was a really amazing film! I watched it in my high school science class. And when I heard that said movie had a TV show with a complete series, my mom or dad got it for me as a birthday gift. I watched a couple of episodes with my friend. Never got to finish the rest.

Fairy Tail


Man, I heard Fairy Tail is good. I watched some episodes on Netflix but never got to finish it. I got these DVDs for Christmas even a Lucy plushie since she's my favorite character. I haven't watched the Blu-rays since I got these in like 2017/18 (?). Might plan to! But I have so much anime on my watchlist.

Lego Movies


I own all of the movies except for the Lego Movie 2. The Lego Movie 3D came with a figure of one of the characters and a 3D Emmet thingy, which I threw away/got rid of.

All Dogs Go to Heaven 2


Oh, I love this movie! Never seen the first one though. This DVD is from some Pizza Hut thing because on the copyright of this disc, it says it's manufactured by Pizza Hut. Let me look this up.

So it was from some promotional thing. According to an article from Pizza Marketplace on June 17th, 2003,

"Pizza Hut hopes its summer sales will sizzle with DVD movie giveaways.

According to Dow Jones Newswires, from June 15 to Aug. 2, customers purchasing any regularly priced large pizza will receive one of four movies -- "Honeymoon in Vegas," "Mr. Mom," "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven 2" -- on DVD.

According to the report, Pizza Hut expects to distribute at least 10 million DVDs."

Wow. I must be holding some rare DVD in my hands!

Wreck-It-Ralph


Pretty good movie. Sequel was okay. Vanellope's glitching used to catch me off guard when I first saw the movie (which is why I didn’t rewatch it after seeing it), but not anymore.

The Slayers


The Slayers!!! I first watched a bit of this anime on YouTube and never finished it. But someday I will get back to it and watch the series in full. I know that most of the 4Kids voice actors such as Lisa Ortiz as Lina are in it.

Happy Feet Two


I didn’t know Matt Damon was in this movie. I forgot what Happy Feet (and this movie) was all about. All I know it’s about a penguin dancing.

Scooby-Doo


Another childhood movie.

The Good Dinosaur


ANOTHER PIXAR movie with something at the bottom with words. Yeah, I don't know about that, Scott. The Good Dinosaur was okay… but not the best PIXAR movie. 

Pixels


Movie was hilarious! I can understand why it flopped. Also, you can play through the movie with an app but most people have been complaining that the app doesn't work/sync up well.

Horton Hears a Who!


Donkey Ollie

Now, this is a weird one in my collection.

I have no idea where this came from but my mom gave it to me. They promise "high quality 3D animation". 

Yeah, you sure about that bud?

The animation isn't that great at all. Surprisingly, the website and QR code link is is still up. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it for part one of my collection! Part two will be posted next Friday (or at a later date). Hope you like this post, and do comment, as that helps a lot!

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.