Translate

Sonic 2 was amazing. (Spoiler warning)

 

On the 9th, I saw the Sonic sequel and it was epic! I have made a full video talking about spoilers on my Youtube channel, wimbearn.

The theater we went to had these special 4DX chairs and watching the Sonic movie with the chairs was amazing as you felt like you were in the movie. There were scenes that made the 4DX experience more enjoyable: Sonic fighting Knuckles, the snow scene, and a couple of rain scenes, like where Sonic tried to run across the water but couldn’t make it. I tried to keep my eyes open on certain scenes but water kept spraying on my glasses. Best scenes for me: Sonic and Tails dancing, the wedding scene, snow scene, the fight scenes.

I also love the references to the old Sonic games such as Eggman’s old outfit being shown while his assistant was choosing outfits and when Eggman was in the giant robot, his assistant pulled out a manual and the logo looked like the SEGA Genesis logo. Also, love the Mean Bean café, cause it’s a reference to Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine. And Tom’s ringtone is Green Hill Zone from STH 1 on the Sega Genesis.

Near the end, the Master Emerald shatters and just as Sonic is gonna get crushed, the Chaos Emeralds merge and he becomes… Super Sonic. After Robotnik’s defeat, Knuckles explains to Tom that he isn’t the Sonic you know and Sonic summons… chili dogs. Sonic seems to love chili dogs, I know they like to reference this in other Sonic games and shows but Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was just the only thing that came up in my head.

For the post credits, the government guys mention that Robotnik has escaped and the movie reveals… Shadow. Does that mean… Sonic the Hedgehog 3??? Or a Shadow movie? My guess is Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will be based on Sonic Adventure 2. Maybe we might get Amy? We sat through the long, slow credits and sadly nothing at the end. Imagine if they did a “Sonic Sez”, lol.

My rating for this film: 9.5/10, better than the first one.


Oh, and Robotnik flosses in this movie… isn’t that dance like old now?


Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.