Translate

My thoughts on Digimon: Ghost Game so far.

 Update (11/26/22): I really don't like people coming to this post (probably because Google indexed this page than my other ones), this is all just my opinion and stuff (I also gotten used to certain designs such as Tesla Jellymon and Wezen Gammamon) and I am still enjoying the anime. Well, kinda since episodes are formulaic but I hope they drop this later on. On my blog, I'm trying to stay away from talking about fandoms (especially big ones) cause I'm afraid of talking about my own opinions about it and getting attacked. So I'm keeping stuff to myself. Turning off comments on this post although I didn't get any, sorry.

The formula goes like this: Introduction to hologram ghosts, someone gets affected/attacked by a Digimon, then we show our heroes, they encounter the Digimon, they Digivolve (some episodes have Gammamon digivolve to Gulus Gammamon), they save the day, the Digimon sometimes explain their backstory, then I think every episode ends with Angoramon talking.

I would talk about their perfect levels but as I said earlier, I am keeping it to myself.

But if you want to read it, do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This won't be an off-topic Tuesday post, but a quick review/my thoughts of the Digimon Ghost Game series, up to it's most recent 15th episode since I don't know what to post on this art blog.

(Spoiler Warning: may contain spoilers for Digimon Ghost Game, including spoilers for the most recent episode. If you haven't watched the anime, go do so.)

Wow. I'm enjoying the series so far. When the series started after Digimon Adventure: (reboot of the original) wrapped up, it gave me Yo-Kai Watch Shadowside vibes. 

We have Hiro and Gammamon. Gammamon, is adorable. 🥺

But episode 13 is where he gets really mad. And I mean it. Did I ever tell you there's a hitman Digimon? Yeah. This episode was dark 😬.  Sealsdramon targets Gammamon, but Bokomon sacrifices himself to save him. He gets shot, and Bokomon dies. He even didn't say anything before he was deleted, it was like a long pause while Gammamon watches him in confusion. Then, Gammamon starts turning into Stitch and digivolves into this very badass evolution that I love.


GulusGammamon. Probably my 3rd favorite, with Flamedramon being first and Veemon being second for me. He comes up to Sealsdramon and destroys him. Literally.

There were times GulusGammamon has appeared before his debut in this episode, but as a shadowy figure, when Gammamon got furious. He then tries to get our heroes but later calms down.

I really hope to see more of Gulus in a future episode. I'll talk about his other evolutions later on.

For the most recent episode, it focuses on Rui and Angromon. Angromon digivoles into SymbareAngoramon, and I literally said to myself: Renamon but a rabbit. I like it and something about his appearance... I think he's handsome. 
And finally, Kiyoshirō and Jellymon. I don't have much to say about these two, but Jellymon in this form is cute:

As for her evolution, it's an eh for me. And they named her TeslaJellymon... after a vehicle? 😂. It's my opinion, please don't get mad at me. If you like TeslaJellymon, I won't get mad at you.

And for Gammamon's other evolutions:

BetelGammamon. It's a really cool design and I love the blue scarf that wraps around him. Also, is he wearing like some armor around him? Pretty sure it is. Anyways, his attacks in the anime is amazing.

KausGammamon, it's alright. I won't make a comment about his design.

And WezenGammamon.... I don't like it. Just a generic green dinosaur with weapons 😅. I know, I know, we have Agumon, Greymon, and WarGreymon who are dinosaur like Digimon but come on. Whoever worked on this Digimon was probably playing with a Triceratops figure, taped some weapons on it and was like: "let's turn this thing into a Digimon" and came up with this:

I don't know if they're running out of Digimon design ideas (although there are some cool ones like GulusGammamon that I mentioned earlier).

Overall, the series is amazing, but I hope future episodes get more... jumpscares. Or try to be like Tamers with some of it's creepy stuff (an episode of Tamers either 45 or 46 actually jumpscared me a bit but it's not the creepy Jeri scene, it was when D-Reaper ADR-01: Jeri Type appeared in front of Takato).

(hope I didn't jumpscare ya!)

That's all I have to say. I still look forward to new episodes!






Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.