Translate

Fandoms I draw for + why it's hard to fit in them.

NOTE: This is from my Ko-fi blog post with a bit of adjustments from the original blog post. Original posted (1/16): https://ko-fi.com/post/Fandoms-I-draw-for--why-its-hard-to-fit-in-G2G07YY6C




So, you may notice, I love drawing fanart. I want to talk about what fandoms I draw for and fandoms that I'm in.
1. Dragon Ball

You probably already figured this one out. I love drawing Dragon Ball fanart and being in the Dragon Ball fandom. The most common character I draw is Launch, or Lunch in the manga and the Japan version. I try not to draw her too much though. I have a Saiyan OC named Korunko who's married to my OC, Tenaris (I have yet to give him some species name but for now, he's a demon).

2. Pokémon

I love to draw Pokémon whenever I feel like it. I love to play the games (I'm excited for the upcoming Legends Arceus). I'm gonna focus on drawing more of the franchise this year.

3. Digimon

I started drawing Digimon starting in 2020 when I first watched the Adventure reboot. The reboot is alright, but the original is better. But I binged watched all of the Digimon anime up to Appli Monsters and currently I'm watching the new Ghost Game anime. I need to draw more of the franchise as there was this really amazing Gammamon evolution that I like and was shown in last week's episode (aired 1/9 in Japan) of Ghost Game that I won't spoil.

4. Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart

I rarely draw for this series as Season 2 hasn't released yet, even though Cartoon Network confirmed it and shared a teaser. I have an OC from this franchise named Mai Mai, but I don't draw her that much. Someone did draw my OC back in 2019 and their name is jm.bee (?) on Instagram. I'm pretty sure they forgot about it. I need to draw her again.
5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

A franchise that I plan to draw lots of fanart for. I started getting into Jojo last year and Parts 3 & 4 (Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable) so far are my favorites. I haven't read parts 6,7,8 (I did watch the first 12 episodes of Stone Ocean (part 6) on Netflix but the rest has yet to come out) since they haven't gotten an English translation yet and it's hard to find one. I could find the parts in Japanese or in a different language, but I would have to use Google translate :/.

Those are some franchises I can think of that I draw for. Here's some others:

-The Owl House

-DuckTales (not anymore though since the reboot ended last year but I could return to it)

-Dragon Quest (I mostly draw fanart of the franchise's anime series: Dai no Daibouken and Abel Yuusha Densetsu)

-Bakugan (rarely)

-Yu-Gi-Oh (rarely)

-Dr. Slump (another Toriyama series; the main character Arale from this show has appeared in OG Dragon Ball, the 3rd OG Dragon Ball movie, Super, and some Dragon Ball video games)


Franchises I plan to draw in the future or to check out:

-One Piece (I watched some episodes when it came on Toonami but it was removed from the block in 2017 sadly)

-Naruto (watched a bit of this anime; gotta get back to it!)

-Someone on my Instagram suggested Ace Attorney.

-Marvel

-More Demon Slayer

-Jujutsu Kaisen (never watched the anime but it's on my list)

-My Hero Academia (just realized I haven't been drawing much of this franchise)

-The Slayers (I have DVDs of this anime but I haven't watched it yet except for episodes 1-3 (I think?) on YouTube.

-Fairy Tail

-Shaman King

________________________________________________________

Now you might be wondering... why is it so hard for me to fit in a fandom?

I try to get my art out there and to make new friends. Making friends has been hard for me ever since elementary school. And I've been having social media since 2019 and I have trouble talking to people via DM. But since 2020, I reply to DMs and see people thank me for sharing their art. I'm also in a couple of Discord servers (including Ko-fi!) but I just leave if I don't feel like I fit in. I did mention in one of my blog posts that I'm an Aspie.

I left a couple last year or this year either because:

1. It's hard for me to fit in a conversation.

or

2. My art has trouble getting seen while others get appreciated on how good it is.

or

3. People talk about stuff I'm not interested in.

I'm planning on leaving more, including a Mao Mao Discord which just had a movie night today of watching Enchanto but I came in too late and the movie rolled its credits. And I have trouble fitting in that server cause they talk about stuff I don't care about, some which isn't related to the Cartoon Network show or just memes (like Among Us). I will be staying in the Ko‑fi Discord because I feel like I'm part of the community filled with nice people and talking to them has been helping me get over being shy and being alone. If you see me, feel free to say hi or talk to me.

I actually want to check out some writer's works since I want to return to reading. I remember my mom saying that I loved reading when I was little but I stopped reading during High School as I liked drawing more. If you're a writer, let me know in the comments below.

Last week, I took a break from social media cause I felt alone and sad and wanted to stay alone to focus on college and my own life, as well as working on a comic/manga thing with my own characters (that I can't share yet because they aren't protected by copyright yet). I'm doing alright now, but I rather just not be active on social media that much... except here as I want to keep it updated and share my works from 2020 or last year.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. Thanks for reading. And if you like my works, any donation or commission is appreciated: https://ko-fi.com/wimbearn

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.