Translate

Drawings #7 and #8 (Final Advanced Drawing Class Assignments)

The final two drawings for my advanced drawing class. That's it! I'm done!

I've definitely have seen some improvement with my drawings. I hope to use these improvements (based on my professor's feedback) in the future.

For drawing #7 (top drawing; green alien girl), like drawing #4, this drawing is based on an old drawing that I did on my iPad from 2021. I used watercolor. I added blue and white acrylic paint for the stars. I messed up with the right side of her jacket (where the orange circle is located at) and I was afraid of making a hole in the drawing so I tried my best to cover it up by adding some more watercolor on top.


Original drawing from 2021 (I remember saying she looked like an alien version of Android 18 XD):



I chose version 1 (no pupils) for drawing #7. Transferring a digital drawing to traditionally was difficult. I did sketch it in my sketchbook and tried to replicate that sketch to the big drawing. To be honest, I liked it when I did this drawing digitally. But using watercolor made it so vibrant (that's why I love watercolor pencils!).

For my last drawing, I combined some of the materials from previous New Media drawing assignments. I used gouache for the yellow tower in the background, oil pastels for the water, and watercolor for the sky, petals, and tree. The cats in the front are black and white using Sakura and Faber-Castell ink pens (Sakura being used the most). You might notice for drawings 1-7 I’ve been switching between color & black and white. I remembered my professor’s suggestion on combining both for the last drawing, and that’s what I did here. I kept the colors vibrant for this piece.


I almost ran out of ideas for my last drawing until I sketched a random cat in armor in my sketchbook. I was getting “Samurai Pizza Cats” vibes from drawing the cat (if some of you know that show/anime; I watched all of it last month and loved it and I have plans on watching the Japanese original).

For those who have been keeping up with my drawings, thank you.

I only have 4 more classes to take til’ I get my Associates of Arts w/ Art Specialization degree. I’m gonna be really busy next quarter (Spring) as I’m taking 3 classes instead of the usual 2.

ko-fi.com/wimbearn

----

A recap:




Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.