Translate

Dragon Tales Plush Collection!

Last updated: 12/7/2023
Plush Collection!

Dragon Tales is one of my favorite childhood shows; my #1 favorite actually. And I miss it a lot; wish it came back but I guess Sesame Workshop doesn't care about the show anymore. Back in November, I decided I wanted to buy plushies of the dragons and document them here; 3 of which has never gotten documented much on the internet until now thanks to me! I have 3 Cassies (favorite dragon!), 2 Ords, 1 Zak & Wheezie, and 1 Quetzal totaling to 7 plushies!

Talking Dragons (Light Up Dragon Badge) (1999)

Cassie Status: Common
Ord Status: Common
Zak & Wheezie Status: Rare (?)


These guys are the reason I got into collecting Dragon Tales plushies of the dragons (same with the Shake and Dance Cassie plush)! I love the glowing dragon badge too... so cute on all 3. Each one has 5 phrases and takes 2 AA batteries. No on/off switch, though. For Zak and Wheezie, note that one of their badge glows depending on whos' talking except for when Zak says their dragon badge is glowing (if Zak is talking, his badge glows and if Wheezie is talking, her badge glows). Also, my Zak & Wheezie plush doesn't stand well.

Cassie's Phrases:

"I'm Cassie!"
"I could be your friend."
"Wanna hold hands?"
"*giggles*"
"Look! My dragon badge! It's shining!"


Ord's Phrases:

"Hey little buddy!"
"I'm starved!"
"You betcha! *laughs*"
"Mmm... yummy in my tummy!"
"My dragon badge! It's shining!"


Zak & Wheezie's Phrases:

Zak:
"We're working together!" (2)
"Our dragon badge! It glowed!" (4)

Wheezie:
"🎵Love it! 🎵" (1)
"Okey dokey, artichokey!" (3)
"See ya later, alligator!" (5)


Also, I spotted a bootleg! At first it looks official, but Playskool only released the main 3 dragons (see the commercial for them).


This plush is just Cassie colored blue/light blue, has the eyes flipped (notice that the eyes aren't connected to the eyelashes), her dragon badge is purple, and has Ord's purple hair/scales. The sellers according to WorthPoint, says that it's Ord when it's not. I tried reverse image searching but got Ord plushies instead. Maybe this dragon could be based on a character from the show, but still, it's a 100% bootleg. I have never seen a Playskool or Hasbro plush get bootlegged. I do want to get my hands on this thing someday, but it's unlikely that it will show up. I'm curious if it has Cassie's voice or some random music (think of those weird bootleg/mirage Pikachu plushies that do that). [Link 1] [Link 2]

What they look like in the dark!

Quetzal (2000)

Status: Super Rare (HARD TO FIND)

Sadly, my Quetzal plush is in used condition (his horn is torn and one of his eyes isn't looking great) but I got him at a good price on Mercari (about $70 + tax); I’m not bothered much by his condition. I don't know why he's super hard to find; I guess he wasn't mass-produced or is limited quantity compared to the other dragons. I love the wrinkles on him and the curled up tail. He is non-talking and is the only plush in my collection that doesn’t talk; there is no talking plush of him. Wish there was one! But, he goes along well with my talking dragon plushies!

…although he’s shorter than the others.

 Shake and Dance Cassie (2002)

Status: Rare
🤩 wimbearn’s favorite! 🤩

This is my favorite Dragon Tales plush I own! And I mean, favorite favorite because I've been pressing her left hand so many times and trying not to waste her batteries XD. Cassie’s singing voice is adorable.

She has never been documented that much on the internet (no videos of her) until now; thank me for it! Super cute too and I love the materials used to make this plush; her wings are shiny and perfect, the skin is also shiny, and her hair/spikes are transparent and nice. Although, I wouldn't say she's cuddly due to her hard head, the material, and the mechanisms at the bottom. I also think that the material used for the pink skin is similar to the Hokey Pokey Elmo toy which also came out in 2002 (or 2003) by Fisher Price. When I put the batteries in and pushed her hand, her speaker is loud and it caught me off guard for the first time; I didn't want my dad hearing it XD. She takes 3 AA batteries and her on/off switch is located below the battery pack (at first I thought she had no on/off switch!).

The only info about this plush was that it was Toys R Us exclusive; no commercials of her or nothing. It also came with a VHS tape! Mine doesn’t have one though.

Cassie talks, sings, and walks. She sings "Shake Your Dragon Tail" from the show! I've never heard this song before until I got this plush. Just note that she might fall down on carpet and if your carpet is dirty or has some crumbs, stuff can stick to her feet :(! I recommend putting her on a smooth surface like a table. I was messing around pressing her hand during the song, but if you do press it while she's dancing, she will say a phrase! I thought she would just restart the song (similar to what some Elmo toys do) but nope! :)

The plush in action!

Phrases before dancing:

"Come on everybody! Let's shake!"

"Let's shake our tails!"

"Wanna shake?"

"Come on everybody! Let's shake our tails!" (not shown in the demo video below but shown in the second video)

If left alone for a couple of seconds (at least 20 sec.): 

"Goodbye!"


Lyrics (her voice is muffled since this plush is from 2002 but the song is based on the one from the show):

Shake your dragon tail (x2)Just feel those ants in your pantsAnd move on down the trailCause if you're looking to have a good timeYou know it never failsJust stand right up and strut your stuffAnd shake your dragon tail

Some of her phrases when her hand is pressed while dancing (accidentally found this out):

Phrases (so far, I counted 10):

"Shake!"
"*giggles*"
"Shake it up!"
"Shake it high, shake it low!"
"Shake your hands!"
"Come on and shake it!"
"Shake everywhere!"
"Shake your toes!"
"Shake your fingers!"
"Shake it everywhere you go!"


Help, I can't get Shake Your Dragon Tail out of my head! Thanks, Cassie.

I found a thumbnail from some random website on Google (which I won't link because it looks like one of those spam websites). It looks like there used to be a YouTube video of this plush but no longer exists. I tried looking it up and got nothing. Not even reverse image search helped. I guess I'm the only one who truly has documented this plush!

Sparkle and Glow Courageous Cassie & Fearless Ord (2002)

Courageous Cassie Status: Common
Fearless Ord Status: Super Rare (HARD TO FIND)


Just like with the Shake and Dance Cassie plush, these two plushies have never been documented until now (again, thank me!). Cassie and Ord are very similar to the 1999 plushies (both lack an on/off switch and have almost the same phrases but the 2002 ones only have two (Cassie's phrases sound way different from the 1999 plush)), just with different materials, size and looks. I love their dragon badges as well. They also were Toys R Us exclusive and have no commercials. Also, they came with a growth chart. They use the same material as the Shake and Dance Cassie plush (except the pink/blue skin) and they are different from their regular 2002 non-talking plushies (the eyes for the talking ones are embordered while the non-talking ones are painted on; I haven't seen a 2002 non-talking Fisher Price Ord plush that similar to this Cassie shown below). 

Left: Talking Cassie (note the embordered eyes and different material for her pink skin. She's also about 10 inches)
Right: Non-talking Cassie (she's smaller; from research she's about 7 inches and her eyes and blue spots are painted on and the material is different except the hair/scales and wings)

While Cassie is common to find, you might be asking, how did I find Ord? Well, I was on WorthPoint and found the plush there, did a reverse image search and low and behold, I found an eBay listing! He was bundled with two other random plushies (I kinda like the angry looking octopus) but when the seller said the plushie worked in the description, I had to buy it. Ord is super hard to find and there are no images of him in the box. I guess the reason he wasn't bought yet is because it doesn't say "Dragon Tales" in the title of the listing. And they called Ord a dinosaur... 😅


But my question is... why no Zak & Wheezie? Unless they do exist but have never been released? Lost media?! Nah... but had Fisher Price made a Sparkle and Glow Zak & Wheezie, it would be called “Teamworking Zak & Wheezie” or something like that. Both Cassie and Ord take 3 AA batteries. Don't know why they take 3 and not 2 like the 1999 plushies.

When I got Ord in the mail, he had really bad battery corrosion and I was worried he wouldn't work... but when I fixed him and got rid of some of that corrosion off, he worked like new! Yay! I thought I would be ripped off.

Also, I noticed a difference with the Cassie plush. Some of the ones you see on eBay have her eyes looking off while others have the eyes looking to the right (your left). The one I own doesn't have the eyes looking off, but it's still the same plush. Maybe an error or something? I don't know.



Phrases:

Cassie:

"I'm Cassie!"
"*giggles* Look! My dragon badge! It's glowing!"


Ord:

"Hey little buddy!"
"My dragon badge! It's shining!"


What they look like in the dark!



1999 vs. 2002 Comparison 

Cassie

Ord

------------------------------------------
I would get the other talking Ord that burps and hiccups when you feed him food... but I wasn't really interested in him. Same with the babysitting Cassie plush. Sorry!


Anyways, I hope you like this collection! I try so hard to document plushies that have less or no info about them on the internet! With these old and obscure plushies, they barely have info.

*sigh* And now I'm broke... kinda. Time to resave my money all over again. This is what I get for doing some early Christmas shopping for myself -_-.

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.