Translate

(Original Art) Over the Edge


This is an original art piece made by me. This one I made because it's about so many things going on with me. 

In this piece, I drew a girl sitting sadly. Alone on the edge of a cliff. I want to capture something like a creature engulfing her or something. Something sad and depressing. Notice that she's glowing; she is the light and she is slowly fading away. This one I just used my imagination with.

I have thoughts of just giving up my money. I push hard with my art and voice acting stuff and while I love what I do, social media has been driving me off a cliff. No one cares if I make a new video; I guess they like it but don't interact with me. No one cares if I make an original art piece. And no one cares commissioning me on Ko-fi. That's why I've been spending a lot this month (and also last month). And today, dad was questioning what I spent my money on when I was done with classes: a stuffed animal that was Japan only (Mandarake) and I couldn't find it on eBay, which led to me using a service called Japan Rabbit to help me. I spent $22 on their service to buy it for me, while I paid $25 for FedEx shipping. It's like my money has gone down the drain. I'm trying my best to not to overspend and save it for other stuff like art supplies but I give up with my life and money spending. It reminds me of how I spent a lot of money back in 2021 on eBay Pokémon plushies and I was almost broke. I can't do this anymore and I rather spend it on good things that will help me with my art or voice acting career.

With my videos, I work with limited equipment. Like, I now record on my new computer which sadly lacks a back camera but I no longer use my old one because of storage issues. And plus, my old editing software crashes a lot. I now edit in CapCut. With one of my videos, "I Tried Pokémon Sleep!" I don't have a screen recorder and someone suggested I should use one. Instead, I used an animation webcam which isn't that great but I tried to capture my iPhone screen. That video was 40 minutes long and was a pain to edit. It's why I don't make videos that much and I feel like retiring again.

I found more success with real life. Last week, I got my copyright certificate for my original comic and I am working on self-publishing it (which is why I am not revealing details yet), and recently for my college I will be in a digital writing magazine; I got my certificate yesterday.

But... life is hard. And I give up. Sorry for this depressing piece.

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.