Translate

#realvoiceactors matter. [AI rant]

So, I had stumbled across this article from Kotaku about AI generated voices copying real voice actors without their consent. And after reading it, it made me mad. I think last week, I had found a similar article.

First we have NFTs from last year or 2021, now artificial intelligence is taking over this year. Do we really need robots to do the work for us? Heck no.

It's not just AI generated voices; art too. And as an artist myself, it hurts. I remember saying to myself that what if someone pays for a commission, only to get scammed - they get AI art instead. 

AI is hurting artist's career. Even voice actors. Maybe even musicians/composers, I don't know.

It's time that we should support real voice actors and not use this robot bs cloning our voices and making the voice say not safe for work stuff. I'm almost about to be a part of the voice acting community and I'm scared that someone is gonna clone my voice (heck, maybe even do a deepfake) of me and make me say NSFW stuff that will cause people to hate me. I'm just gonna cease and desist.

Also, support your favorite artist by donating or commission them; it helps them feel happier. I also take commissions if you're interested in my works - message me on social media or on the contact page if interested.

This was a short rant. I'm gonna link to the articles I've read below. This is just... not okay. I'm just sick of hearing the topic of AI replacing voice actors or AI generated art. It's everywhere.

Happy Valentine's Day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Favorite Voice Actors Call Out AI Sites Copying Voices Without Consent"

"Disrespectful to the Craft:' Actors Say They're Being Asked to Sign Away Their Voice to AI"





Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.