Translate

PSA: Please, please, please don't light fireworks in your home.

 


The Fourth of July may have passed, but recently I heard about a streamer or person named "IShowSpeed" getting into some trouble. I know that a lot of articles have covered this already, but I just want to type this out here to show how dumb this is. 

I'm not into big Youtubers or Twitch streamers like Pokimane or Twomad because every time I watch a Youtuber and look them up, they always get involved into some controversy and most of their thumbnails or videos are clickbait. I can give out a few examples:

  • Arrows/circles in thumbnails
  • Parenthesis or asterisks in title of video (the 3am challenges are good examples; other examples: (GOT CAUGHT) , *kicked out*)
  • Something in thumbnail isn't in the actual video
Now, I have watched some of Speed's videos before. The first time I got exposed to him was when YouTube recommended a video where a girl was dancing to Soulja Boy and Speed tells her to "shut up". It made me laugh, and I checked out his other videos and I decided to avoid him for a while cause he's just so angry and crazy. Like I said earlier, I just don't get into videos like that and I just want to feel positive and not turn into him. I know he's also famous for the Talking Ben app. That app was my childhood, by the way.

So I am typing this at 12-1am right now, and earlier I heard that there was some disaster surrounding him. He tears off his greenscreen and reveals that he has some fireworks. He shows off a Pikachu firework in front of his stream and guess what he does. Yep. Lights the Pikachu in the house. I said to myself while watching: "what an idiot". Sparks started flying everywhere and Speed starts screaming. Halfway, Pikachu falls down (or it looks like Speed is knocking down Pikachu) and the carpet starts burning as well besides the ceiling. His mom starts yelling and cussing and the firemen come in to save the day, and Speed ends the stream while they're in there.


The first time I watched it, I was laughing as Pikachu went out of control and I was making Pokémon jokes to myself. But now, I feel bad for laughing as the house could've caught on fire or much worse. Had the Pikachu firework touched the box of fireworks, oh boy. What's worse is that people keep bringing it up and making memes out of it. Even his chat kept telling him to go outside. I could just hear Ren from Ren and Stimpy saying, "you eediot!" to Speed. Luckily, he is doing okay now as there are a couple of spots on the ceiling and carpet. I don't think he got banned for this. He also looked at the box and he didn't know that the Pikachu firework was gonna go off from all sides. 

I also dislike reaction videos, and there were a lot of people reacting to the Speed fireworks incident. I mean, I am fine with some reaction videos but not the ones where they just sit there and just chuckle.

But please, DO NOT REPLICATE THIS OR ATTEMPT TO LIGHT FIREWORKS IN YOUR HOME. Please stay safe and always light fireworks outside at night. 

Here's the video. Be warned of inappropriate language. As mentioned above, don't try to replicate this.


Happy (late) 4th of July.


Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.