Translate

Life as a small, struggling artist + my future.

Back in June, I had posted a vent on how I was feeling. For a couple of weeks, I've been staying away from social media. It felt good to keep away from it. But now, I feel like I want to delete that vent post or keep it on this blog. People for some reason just keep checking it out and I just feel annoyed. I have other blog posts that I put effort into typing.

I want to share my life as a small, struggling artist. I'm not quitting or anything, but putting my art out there and sharing the talents I have is a struggle for me. I have been drawing since 2017 and currently, I still draw. I continue to draw on my iPad on the app, Procreate. 

As someone who has Aspurger's, I have a hard time making friends. Even on social media. I sometimes don't trust some people who follow me on social media, unless we are cool with each other. I mean, I do have some friends, but they rarely talk to me even when I try to text them. 

I had started taking a break from social media since June and again, it feels good to stay away from it. I feel like I want to return, but returning is just gonna make me depressed as I see some good art on my timeline and spoilers and drama. I'm only active on one social media platform: Facebook, and it's the only one I'm currently active on, as I have my mom and some friends I'm friends with.

Going on social media to see good art/fan art, looking at YouTube with people with lots of views, and seeing hype for something has been making me frustrated to draw more. I've been feeling... empty, running out of stuff to draw that I decided to focus on my own story and characters. And I never felt so happy finishing two chapters (I had recently finished chapter two on July 5th). My story has been going good so far. But sadly, I cannot give out details of characters and the world, as well as the story and title. I need my works protected by copyright and it's gonna be hard because I'm just almost low on money from spending it at an anime convention I went to back in April and in May. I have been feeling impatient and I feel frustrated that I just don't want to keep drawing fan art anymore. I rather stick to my own characters and story. 

I know that sharing original characters is a hard thing. Reason why is because they're not recognizable that much to popular characters (ex: SpongeBob, Mickey Mouse). But I am trying... trying. If I just continue to draw fan art, I'm gonna leave my whole characters and story behind. My dream behind of making my series a popular franchise. 

This is my future now. I won't be active as much like I used to on social media. Focusing on my own characters is just in my heart now. It's just too bad I can't share them cause one, my mom said not to as someone will steal them and two, it will take a lot of days to get my works protected by copyright.

My other future ahead of me is that I want to be a voice actress. I like to make up some character voices, even when I'm watching the TV. I met my favorite voice actress at a convention back in April and I went to a voice over event on June 23rd on how to get started on doing VOs, and it's time I step in to the world of voice acting. I rather do anime or cartoon voiceovers, but I might also try VOs for commercials. I refuse to do NSFW voiceovers and documentary VOs, just no. 

That's all I just want to say. Writing my thoughts out. See ya.

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.