Translate

Final Art Project - Collage and Design

 I found an article on CNN that interested me and it talked about Ketanji Brown Jackson being elected and changes around her. I picked out some important info and wrote them down. I also drew my logo/symbol. The symbol is the Black Lives Matter symbol, but I wanted to have a star inside the fist with a US Flag behind.

I picked out some images and chose some of the important stuff I wrote from the article. I only used 4 of the 5 I wrote down. I start preparation.
I felt like having more images and for the text, instead of using white paper, I decided to use some of the background for the Ketanji Brown Jackson image.


Here are my final three images:
For this one, I wanted to use an image of Ketanji Brown Jackson standing behind the US Supreme Court, speaking to the audience to show that she is giving faith to the world. I chose and quoted Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton from the CNN article. I wanted to show Faith in this image.
For the second one I finished, I picked an image of a couple of voters standing in line and made it black and white and printed it out, with the people in the foreground showing they are happy and that everyone (including African Americans) can vote and they have the freedom to do just that. I made the people in the foreground in color to show they are happy and free. I also picked 2 quotes from the CNN article, one from Joe Biden and the other from Brown-Nagin. I want to show Freedom in this piece.
And finally, for my third image, I wanted to show justice. I quoted LaTosha Brown from the article and for the images, I picked a couple of happy cheering people based on that quote. I also wanted to draw a justice symbol using only text (like the Text Based Design project we did).

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.