Translate

Off Topic Tuesday: My top five favorite Pokémon!

 So I decided to come up with something to post on Tuesdays (well, depending on how busy I am). I call it: Off-Topic Tuesdays! Besides my art, I will be talking about something off topic.

For today's off-topic Tuesday, I will be talking about my top five favorite Pokémon and why I love them. So, let's get onto the list, shall we?


5. Joltik


So in real life, I'm afraid of bugs and spiders (we're all afraid of bugs 😂). But something about Joltik's design in Pokémon, makes me want one in real life. According to Bulbapedia, it could be based on a tick and a jumping spider. I remember seeing this image on Instagram that had someone saying how cute the bug type designs are vs. real life or how underrated  the designs are, I don't know or remember. I even caught a Joltik in my Sword game, which evolved into a Galvantula and didn't use him in the final fight with Leon. Another thing I love about Joltik is his cry in the games (as well as his gen 6-current gen cry). Isn't it cute? 🥺

4. Flareon

Something about the fluffy tuft on it's head... I want to pet it!

I mean, the closest thing we got to petting our Pokémon is Pokémon Amie/Refresh (RIP) in the 3DS games. It can even hi-five you!


3. Bulbasaur Line

I started loving the Bulbasaur line because of my best friend. She loves Bulbasaur (I gave her a Bulbasaur drawing and a figure as a Christmas gift last year). Just like with Joltik, I have one in my Sword game from a raid event that they did and kept it in my team. He's now a Venusaur and I love playing with it in Pokémon camp.

(look at that smile!)

2. Mew

I love this pink cat. Pretty sure people love it too. Forgot when I started liking Mew... maybe I was watching clips of the first movie on YT that was just a compilation of Mew mewing and I started liking him. I don't know.

Currently, he's in my Brilliant Diamond team (I'm way behind on the game and need to catch up).

I also have this Mew plush that I got on ebay last year which just uses clips from the movie but in diffrent pitches. It would be better if it had the laugh though (like the above gif!). Not my video by the way, this is someone else's. May look creepy to some, but I find it cute ^_^.

Honorable Mentions:

  • Quilava
  • Mewtwo
  • Zacian and Zamazenta
  • Hoopa
  • Marshadow
  • Greninja
  • Togepi
  • Pikachu line
  • Celebi
  • Lucario
1. Zeraora

I love Zeraora. I remember when before he got officially revealed, someone on YouTube showed him off and he was leaked. Sadly, I missed the event in 2017, but I'm happy that I have a shiny Zeraora in my Shield game when the raid event for him ended. His shiny is amazing (see right of image):

I remember Pokémon HOME's was having problems and I made a meme about wanting a shiny Zeraora and everyone else wanting one as well. I had an image of the "LET ME IN" meme with a screenshot of Pokémon HOME's error screen as the gates and that tweet blew up. It blew up so much that it ended in a article, which is the first time my tweet made it in a article. I changed my Twitter @ halfway through 2021, so I don't know if that tweet is still embed in the article.


But another reason why I love Zeraora is because of the movie he's in: The Power of Us. I almost teared up during a scene (I believe there was a Snubbull in the movie and they were talking about it). The movie is amazing, especially the fight between Zeraora and Pikachu and I suggest you check it out.

 Unless you're a Pokémon fan and already seen the movie.


Anyways, those are my top 5 Pokémon! Let me know what you think in the comments! And do share your top five below, I want to know!






Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.