Translate

Off Topic Tuesday: Hisuian forms of the starters final evos??

Okay, but this will be another Off-Topic Tuesday post, it won't be long though. Usually I post one a day, but Pokémon news made me want to post another one.

Recently, Pokemon Legends Arceus dropped a trailer and near the end of it,  breifly showed the starter's final evos:

I kept asking, are they Hisuian forms of the starter's final evolutions?

And I was right. I always get emails from TPCi and yes, we are getting Hisuian forms.
Judging by the silhouettes, I think when Decidueye gets revealed, I'm pretty sure he will be the best one. As for the other two... well, I don't know. I'm planning on choosing Oshawott for my journey. But I hope these evos will look great. Or it's possible these evos could have a diffrent name, but it would probably still be the same (Decidueye, Typhlosion, and Samurott). 

I will update this post when they get truly revealed. If you saw them through leaks of the game, please DO NOT SPOIL the game below. I won't post spoilers as I am staying away from social media for a bit cause of spoilers.

Update (1/31): Although we don't have official art, I got tired of waiting. So, I'm gonna take a look at all 3 of the Hisuian forms of the starter's final evolutions. Also, it looks like they were leaked before the game came out, including their shinies. I swear, Pokémon fans do be quick and just want info.

Starting off with Decidueye:

So... uh... remember that I said that I was expecting Hisuian Decidueye to look good? He looks okay, in my opinion. But I like the colors. Looks autumn themed. It's also a grass-fighting type, which makes sense. According to Bulbapedia:

"Hisuian Decidueye's appearance resembles a Japanese samurai wearing an ayaigasa conical hat,[2][5] traditionally worn by samurai archers for hunting or ceremonial purposes. It may be inspired by Cikap-kamuy, the Ainu god of owls and the land."

Very interesting. Man, I do learn something new everyday. While Bulbapedia isn't a reliable source, I think it's the only info we'll get.

Next, Typhlosion.


It's just a regular Typlosion... it reminds me of Salazzle for an odd reason. Oh gosh, please don't tell me there's THAT type of art of this Pokémon out there right now...

Looking at the design, I thought he would be a fire/poison. But it's a fire/ghost type (knew it). He does look chill, lol.

Not gonna lie, the flames are really cool. Probably the best part of this design.

Dang, I should've chosen Cyndaquil from the start.

And finally. Samurott. Wonder what they did to my boy, cause I'm behind in the game and college is getting in the way.
Yeah, just a regular Samurott, what did I expect, but man, I like this design. He look evil looking, like a Disney villain... I love it! Maybe picking Oshawott was the right choice? 

Just like Greninja (which was my very first starter in X), he is a water/dark type. Very cool design, but come on... I really wish they put more into him. Maybe a shadowy aura in battle?

I hope to see official artwork of these guys. I know TPC has been slow sharing artworks for the starter's final evos (like with Sword and Shield where they never shared the starters' evolutions in a trailer; Sun and Moon did this with every trailer).

What do you think of these guys? Comment below!






Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.