Translate

My Blonde Launch Animation from 2021: The process to final.

Here's my process on my animation of Blonde Launch from the Dragon Ball series, done last year. This animation is based on an episode of Dragon Ball. In the original, Bulma and Puar were there. I was planning on adding them, but I decided to scrap plans to not add them. Launch was really fun to draw and animate in Procreate!

Also, Launch is one of those underrated DB characters that deserves more love. I draw her... a lot and have some Launch related merch in my room. Reason why she's called Launch is because Funimation gave her that name, and I'm more used to it than her manga/Japanese name, Lunch.

Enough talking, here's the process:

Sketch/WIP:


Colored/No Background:


I then added a green background so that I can add Launch in a background I made. 
I made the wall area a separate layer. I added the animation in Adobe Premiere Elements 15, getting rid of the green background for the wall and Launch. After adding my watermark, here's the final result:
I shared it on social media after getting done and people seem to love it, but it hasn't gotten much of a reach. I haven't made a non-watermarked version of this yet, so I might need to go back and make a non-watermarked version. By the way, my Twitter @ has changed to wimbearn, so ignore that.

I sure do need to make more animations! What do you think? Let me know in the comments! And if you like what you see, consider buying me a coffee at Ko-fi (link on header of blog or https://ko-fi.com/wimbearn)

And do keep an eye out for Tuesday- I will be talking about Dragon Quest in my 2nd off-topic post, while next week's will be Dragon Ball related.

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.