Translate

(Original Art) Walking in the Past

Another digital original drawing complete. I finished this on Sunday. 

I first did a sketch in my sketchbook after completing my Space Gal drawing from Saturday (I'm really proud of my Space Pirate girl drawing for real!). I felt like sketching something using my imagination. This sketch was quick and just a thumbnail.

I then put the sketch in Procreate and extended the canvas. I moved my photo of my sketch to the right a bit and added more background details.

What led me to do these two drawings (this and the Space Pirate girl)? I've been watching documentaries from a YouTube channel called Archipel and their content is interesting (I added them to my resources page Friday). Their videos, "Alternative Paths to Manga" and “Acky Bright”, got me into drawing more original art because I haven't been in a drawing mood due to college (except drawing for my art class that I'm currently taking). And I’ve been watching animation documentaries; one that interested me was from Simpsons creator Matt Groening; it’s called “My Wasted Life - Matt Groening” if you’re interested.


If you haven't read all 4-parts of my "Artists that I'm Inspired By" series, I suggest you check it out. But to keep it short, I'm inspired by old school anime/manga artists such as Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball, Dr. Slump, Sand Land) and Ken Sugimori (Pokémon). And an animator who worked on the Dragon Ball anime, Minoru Maeda.

I know people are gonna come up to me and say, "you have an old school taste". And I do, but I don't hate modern stuff. I watch modern anime such as Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia. As of the time of this writing, I'm currently watching a show called Samurai Pizza Cats and I'm loving it so far (although it's a gag dub like Ghost Stories). I discovered the series through a website called "My 90's TV" which I will review in a future post (or video).

But anyways, take care! See ya! Have any questions? Let me know in the comments. Or head on over to my WordPress blog and send me an ask via the new ask box page.


------------------------
Donations and art commissions:


Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.