Translate

It’s April… let me tell you something.

So… this will be a normal post with only words, no images. If you’re not that type of person, you don’t have to read this. But it’s important so you can know me better.

I started this blog in January to share my art and my interests. And if people are interested in my work, they can check me out on my socials. But there have been struggles with my blog: 

1. Google and Bing have been slow indexing my pages or don’t give a darn about indexing them.

2. People don’t really care.

3. I try to get this blog out there, but it hasn’t been helping. I could use WordPress, but I’m still deciding on switching or not.

These are reasons why I barely blog on here now. Some posts that I like, such as my review of a Veemon plush I did last month, has 0 page views… I put a lot of effort into making that post. And the off-topic Tuesday posts, well, I feel like I ran out of something to type up. I still haven’t wrote a full spoiler review for the Pokémon Legends Arceus game cause of college and also my mind has been focused on drawing more than video games. I know that game came out in January and people have beaten the game while I’m way behind on it.

But… this post isn’t about my blog. It’s about me. I’m not telling you guys to follow or bookmark this blog, but it’s all about me.

Since it’s April… it’s Autism Awareness Month. I want to introduce myself here. My name is Arnézia or wimbearn and I am an Aspie. Now, you might be thinking, what is an Aspie? Aspies or Asperger’s, is basically a symptom where you have a hard time communicating with other people (ex. lack of eye contact) and only have certain interests. I think I tried my best describing it.

For me, my interests are anime and drawing and big franchises such as Pokémon. Fun fact: the creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri, loves big collecting and he has Autism. I suggest you read this article here: https://surreyatlas.uk/2020/11/27/satoshi-tajiri-how-autism-inspired-pokemon/

Interests aside, I have a hard time talking to people in real life and I tend to show lack of eye contact. I had a hard time making friends and I used to get in trouble at Elementary School and High School. I had a memory stuck in my head where these people came out with cameras and I was sitting down, quiet and the cameras were filming. I remember the teacher shouting my name… it was a scary moment for me. Social media has changed me and I mostly prefer talking through text and not phone (unless it’s my mom or dad). But I still want to get over my fear of being afraid of talking to people irl since I’m about to turn 20 in August.

I also feel depressed when I feel left out. Somewhere around March, I started using an app called REALITY and it’s an app where you have a V-Tuber avatar and you can talk to others. Other people can also join your stream. But as I continued to use it… I notice that I felt ignored (except for some friends who would sometimes come in). And there are a lot of streams such as a crying stream or sleep stream. It felt like YouTube clickbait or something. And there are a lot of minors as well… I’ll probably talk more about this app in a future post. I also feel depressed more on social media when I see good people’s art and how much attention they get. 

I also use Discord, a messaging platform, and I have left a couple of servers cause I felt like I didn’t fit in or felt left out. I have my own server which used to be public but stopped making it public cause of a lot of people leaving, dead channels, drama, and more stuff. My private server now has about 1-3 people active and I share my art from Twitter on there. Speaking of Twitter, I barely use it and only check notifications now because of drama and spoilers.

So what do I do now when I’m not on social media? I usually work on online college work, watch YouTube videos, TV, draw, talk with my parents. Yeah you already know.

In the future, I want to be a future anime artist and voice actress. I am currently making a “manga” (reason why I put that in quotes is because I’m bad w/ backgrounds and it doesn’t really feel like a manga even though it has an anime art style) and I am still on Chapter 2 due to me drawing fanart and working on college work. However, I can’t share my characters and story yet because I need my works to get protected by copyright.

I don’t have anything else to say… but I just wanted to tell you about me since it’s Autism Awareness Month. See ya later, and thanks for reading, if you got all the way to the end.

Comments

Note/Disclaimer

Please, if resharing my works, credit me as wimbearn or by real name Arnezia. You can also ask me for permission. If my art is found uncredited, please remind me and do tell the person to credit me (contact is in "about me" page or the "contact wimbearn" page). I draw fanart, which is original and non-official and characters from existing franchises in the fanart belong to the original copyright holder. However, original art and characters belong to me.